FFPL Matchday 6 Previews and Chat (I think)

Started by MajorLazer, January 13, 2011, 04:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Does it have to be the captain? Can't Gramapala be Sir Shaggy?

Alex7089

I might go with
First name- Shaggy
Last name- Junior

Seeing as I was calling him Shaggy Jnr before, I don't know why though, just need to get the OK from the man himself.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BOOMZ on January 13, 2011, 05:13:01 PM
No disrespect to HP but how did I lose that going by ratings ??? >:(

Gunz n Rozez   Hello
Batting - Top Order:   9.796   8.812
Batting - Middle Order:   6.956   6.268
Batting - Tail:   3.321   2.864
Bowling - Seam:   10.635 (4)   8.194 (4)
Bowling - Spin:   9.395 (6)   8.473 (6)
Fielding/Keeping:   8.585   9.288
Overall:   152.181   138.579

My batsmen were really poor... I know it favours bowlers but seriously half my bowlers batted better than them >:(
Good Game BOOMZ. Team did great despite being 14k outrated. Azad stood up and cleaned the tail despite being Rel/Rel. Morgan and Flanagan are flat out Guns, as is Sreed 8).

It was close and you had to have the edge going in. Batting was always going to be my weak point :(. Just lucky this time around. Maybe try playing the batters in different positions until they start scoring consistently? I've done that with Habib to great effect. Could try the same?

roo boys!

I'm going to jumble my order around a bit too.

Justin Bieber

So I'm in second, tied on 5 wins with BOOMZ. Not bad for a guy rating in the 130k's :D.

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 13, 2011, 05:25:07 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on January 13, 2011, 05:13:01 PM
No disrespect to HP but how did I lose that going by ratings ??? >:(

Gunz n Rozez   Hello
Batting - Top Order:   9.796   8.812
Batting - Middle Order:   6.956   6.268
Batting - Tail:   3.321   2.864
Bowling - Seam:   10.635 (4)   8.194 (4)
Bowling - Spin:   9.395 (6)   8.473 (6)
Fielding/Keeping:   8.585   9.288
Overall:   152.181   138.579

My batsmen were really poor... I know it favours bowlers but seriously half my bowlers batted better than them >:(
Good Game BOOMZ. Team did great despite being 14k outrated. Azad stood up and cleaned the tail despite being Rel/Rel. Morgan and Flanagan are flat out Guns, as is Sreed 8).

It was close and you had to have the edge going in. Batting was always going to be my weak point :(. Just lucky this time around. Maybe try playing the batters in different positions until they start scoring consistently? I've done that with Habib to great effect. Could try the same?

Yeah it was very good :)

Yeah that's the problem I had it set up well with Farsnworth opening but without him it's stuffed up my order... I will try a few different things tomorrow and see how that goes :D

roo boys!

I think I will try opening with Hafeez...although he has pretty low endurance so good for quick hitting innings with his pretty good power......

Furlonge and Makinson my best, I think they should be 3 and 4. Beattie will open I think, with his Accumulator talent.

roo boys!

Going to experiment dropping Furlonge down to 5...

Beattie opens on (D), and Hafeez at 3. I think I could use him there, he is very well balanced.

Justin Bieber

I might switch up my opening order. Habib and McFarlane. Then Jeffers and Carney (Jeffers usually opens but might stick with McFarlane for a while to see how he goes now).

roo boys!

Yeah I've got BP tomorrow so hopefully the new orders work!

I will change some of my bowling orders too I think...

Alex7089

I am starting to consider dropping Hay down to 5 and oening with Linton, he has opened a couple of times for T20 and has absolutely killed it, with 127* & 128*.

DazBurg

good game shaggy i'm happy with the fight by boys put up considering the difference in match ratings