FFPL Matchday 6 Previews and Chat (I think)

Started by MajorLazer, January 13, 2011, 04:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

Last week I don't think we had a thread and it was hard to keep track of our matches when others were posting about their matches.

Here are the matches:

Roo Boys! v Feeling Sheepish: Two animals going head to head... literally. This match looks close on paper, but these matches aren't played on paper. They are played out in the FTP world. Think Roo Boys! should be going in as the favourite, but upsets happen in FTP on a regular basis. It is most runs scored vs. 2nd least runs conceded. If the Feeling Sheepish bowlers can restrict the amount of runs the Roo Boys! batsmen score, they will have a good shot at winning this match.

DazBurg's Greatness v Tickle My Timber: After a convincing defeat at the hands of Gunz n Rozez, Tickle My Timber will be looking for a win to steady themselves and start to put some pressure on the teams above them. This match could be very close and could come down to superior tactics for either side. DazBurg's Greatness could cause an upset and take down a higher caranked team, but Tickle My Timber looks too strong to be beaten.

Gunz n Rozez v Hello: Top of the table clash this week. It is also our game of the week. This match is being played on a crumbling pitch, so it will be a bowler's game. Early wickets could decide this game and a strong batting line-up will be needed. Gunz n Rozez looks to be favourites in this battle of the Killer Bees, although Hellopplz may use his leadership position to convince Gunz n Rozez manager, BOOMZ, to throw the game. :P

The Brat Pack v Academy of Ireland and Aus: The Academy of Ireland and Aus are still looking for their first win of this FFPL campaign and will have a tough time against a strong Brat Pack line-up. This match is also the battle of the keepers with both teams boasting fantastic young keepers. Ethan Cain and Kalabhiti Trupti have shown their tricks of the trades and they could be the keys to either team's success. It looks like the Academy of Ireland and Aus will remain winless after this matchup.

Fletch's No Balls v John Howard's Coathangers: In the final FFPL match of the round, we see two league opponents go head to head. We have already had a preview with a midweek T20 match. This match was convincingly won by Fletch's No Balls, although they were outrated by John Howard's Coathangers. With this knowledge, John Howard's Coathangers will be out for revenge to secure their 4th win of the campaign. This will be a very close matchup, but going by recent results, Fletch's No Balls should come out victorious.

Post any FFPL Matchday 6 related stuff below.

8-6 Suited

Great reviews here, nice opinions and reasons why. :P

MajorLazer

Thanks Shaggy. I can't sleep and had nothing better to do. :P

8-6 Suited

Yeah neither can I. I'm building lists at the moment for my NBA/AFL draft's positions. It's way too muggy and sticky.

MajorLazer

I should be either asleep or doing research for these drafts, but I'm just picking off the top of my head. Just hope it pays off. :P

Absolute shower weather today.

Justin Bieber

Yes....... "Convince" ;).

Haha ML. Nice write ups by the way.

MajorLazer

Sorry should've used 'force'. ;)

Thanks HP. May do this every week from now on, depending on how much time I have.

Justin Bieber

I really need to get to my homework......

Night guys :).

MajorLazer

8-6 Suited

I dont think I could even try and get close to getting any sleep unfortunately. SFeels like it is getting stickier. :x

Boomz

I only accept cash HP ;) you nearly wouln't have needed too as I only just remembered to set my team lol

DazBurg

roo boys!

Great stuff ML :)

I really don't know which way mine and Alex's game will Swing, I'm hoping outswinger with Abbud Qasim :P

Alex7089

He will be disadvantaged though :p
If I were you I'd be running from Rimmo & Ramiah.
Maybe even Jackson if I choose to play him over Sodumo :p

roo boys!

You're not scared of Chiba and Hof?

And BEWARE my showerty Duncan! He has a knack of doing awesome things when I am about to sell him..