Main Menu

QLD Floods

Started by PowerMan, January 11, 2011, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

Hope all of you & your families & friends that use this site are okay.

been hearing reports that low lying parts of brisbane are being evacuated as the brissy river is about to burst it banks, and that the wivenhoe dam may overflow. And on top of that the Brissy River will be having a king tide later today.

Really intense at the moment!

ossie85

It just doesn't stop!

Good luck Queenslanders, we're thinking of you guys.

roo boys!

Yeah absolutely tragic stuff, the scenes are devastating.

Hawka

its a shock and terrible

i just heard ppl have died and r missing  :'( this is terrible news and they are expecting more...i rely hope not
thoughts are for all those ppl and any FFs that r stuck

BoredSaint

thoughts on everyone there  :'(
hope everyone in FF is alright
and hope everyone affected is alright too :-\

Fletch74

Tragic, all thought are with everyone. Can't believe the devistation. Hope no one on FF are involved.

Hope it eases sometime very soon.

j959

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 11, 2011, 04:35:14 PM
Tragic, all thought are with everyone. Can't believe the devistation. Hope no one on FF are involved.

Hope it eases sometime very soon.
yeah, I saw some news vision last night and there were cars, utes, people movers just being carried up by the water and crashing into trees, poles, etc - up to that point i hadn't realised how full-on things were.

also gave an understanding of the devasting potential of tsunami's - those are tragic as well.

thoughts go out to all those affected or with family affected ...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on January 11, 2011, 03:58:09 PM
It just doesn't stop!
We usually have heat and droughts past years, now we have floods ::). Praying for all those in the affected areas and hope everybody is ok.

nas

Rain has not let up all day here but the traffic is bad & roads are being shut down & Brissy has had some shut downs & more rain is coming. they seem to think around 5pm there is going to be a massive storm. Rods are getting chockers as people are rushing to get home as went out for a while, but slow & as at this time all good.

I am at a place called Ormeau semi rural  is 1/2 way between Brissy & the Goldie via the M1. We are up a bit but means nothing as Toowomba is up high also. Lot of people I know are being sent home in case of & they are releases water from the Wivenhoe into the brissy, but that's not looking any good at this stage if it keeps up.

Hawka

hope u r alrite naste

im watching 9 news and some of the stuff im seeign and there reporting is just  :o :o  :(

roo boys!

Hope that it doesn't hit you too bad naste.

PowerMan

1st level of the Brisbane Lions HQ's is under water according to the 5aa Radio show. That's what they're reporting anyway.

BoredSaint

Quote from: PowerMan on January 11, 2011, 06:43:32 PM
1st level of the Brisbane Lions HQ's is under water according to the 5aa Radio show. That's what they're reporting anyway.
WOW :o

roo boys!

Fev can't swim! :o ;D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: roo boys! on January 11, 2011, 07:10:13 PM
Fev can't swim! :o ;D
its not a joke rb  >:(
though that was funny  ;D