England T20 And ODI Discussion thread

Started by Hawka, January 11, 2011, 01:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Llike the ashes 1 we can discuss the matches in here of course it wont b as big :P

Maca24

kool. who is in englands ODI squad? i havent seen it yet.
Will they play anderson and tremlett?

pyronerd

Hawka

well our squad is announced at 1 hope hodgey is playin and tait cos im goin and would love to see them playin

heres england joint squad

QuoteAndrew Strauss (England’s ODI captain, will not play Twenty20 matches), Paul Collingwood (England’s Twenty20 captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Steve Davies (England’s ODI wicket keeper), Eoin Morgan, Craig Kieswetter (wicket keeper-batsman for England’s Twenty20 team), Kevin Pietersen, Ajmal Shahzad, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Chris Tremlett, Jonathan Trott, Chris Woakes, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy

roo boys!

Maca24

cheers hawka. i think bresnan will be importat for them.
Paine should play for haddin IMO. haddin should just play tests.

ossie85

Yeah, Paine should come in. I actually think between now and the Sri Lankan test series, they might push Haddin out of the test team also.

Quote from: pyronerd on January 11, 2011, 01:34:33 PM
warner for ODI opener :P

Hope not! He fails in those :)

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on January 11, 2011, 01:43:39 PM
Yeah, Paine should come in. I actually think between now and the Sri Lankan test series, they might push Haddin out of the test team also.

Quote from: pyronerd on January 11, 2011, 01:34:33 PM
warner for ODI opener :P

Hope not! He fails in those :)
i dont believe ive ever seen him play an ODi so i dont know  :P

Hawka

haddin should bat at 6 and paine at 7 in odis ther both good enof to bat in the top7

paine at number 3 in odis
haddin at 1

there both good enof

and pyro he played a couple of seasons bak stuggled accetp for a 50 og bout 40 balls

pyronerd

Quote from: hawka26 on January 11, 2011, 01:45:31 PM
haddin should bat at 6 and paine at 7 in odis ther both good enof to bat in the top7

paine at number 3 in odis
haddin at 1

there both good enof

and pyro he played a couple of seasons bak stuggled accetp for a 50 og bout 40 balls
maybe he was out of form :P still id like to see him there as an experiment for the wc

ossie85

Warner's very impressive t20i career is 23 matches at an average of 28 at the strike rate of 149, with two 50s.

Warner's ODI career is 7 matches at an average of 15.14 at the surprisingly low strike rate of 77.37

And his first class career is 4 matches at the average of 26.20. Wouldn't be in Australia's 4th Test XI, and our team sucks.

Hawka

he is a 1 form wonder ..as i have said in another thread i would rather see haddin or watto make 50 off 55 then warner 20 of 8

roo boys!

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on January 11, 2011, 01:48:20 PM
Warner's very impressive t20i career is 23 matches at an average of 28 at the strike rate of 149, with two 50s.

Warner's ODI career is 7 matches at an average of 15.14 at the surprisingly low strike rate of 77.37

And his first class career is 4 matches at the average of 26.20. Wouldn't be in Australia's 4th Test XI, and our team sucks.
warners natural game is to go out and score as fast as possible, if he's not trying to do that he will struggle as he has in ODI and first class, i agree he's not a test player, but if he goes out in a ODI and does the same as he does in T20 i think he could help the australian team

Hawka

i belive he needs to move states he needs a chance to see wat he can do at first class lvl
nsw have
khawja
clarke
watto
jaques
katich
maddinson
roher
smith
henrirues