HBOtten, Davis, Tambling
  CMackay, Thompson, Van Berlo
HFDouglas, Walker, Knights
FFPorplyzia, Tipett, Dangerfield
  RMaric/Jacobs, Vince, Reilly
I/CMartin, Doughty, Sloane
SUB:Henderson, Jaensch, Maric/ Jacobs

Close to the team:Talia, Armstrong, Schmidt, McKernan

Any thoughts??? It was actually quite difficult to try and fit Jaensch and Henderson in as they probally should be in.  But with injuries/suspensions theyll have plenty of games.  I did this off the top of my head, have i missed anyone obvious?

TOM15

hey knowall, good side but dont think symes will be first preference to get games this year, with Andy Otten probably getting his spot back on the back flank, doughty wont start onfield, probably reily will be tagging off the other flank, sloane into the rucks and doughty to the bench, the rest is about right though, i'm still unsure if martin has done enough to be in the sarting side, probably swap him for hendo.

TOM :)

Knowall

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 11:46:30 AM
hey knowall, good side but dont think symes will be first preference to get games this year, with Andy Otten probably getting his spot back on the back flank, doughty wont start onfield, probably reily will be tagging off the other flank, sloane into the rucks and doughty to the bench, the rest is about right though, i'm still unsure if martin has done enough to be in the sarting side, probably swap him for hendo.

TOM :)
Opps i forgot Otten :-[
Yea ill move Doughty to the bench.
Im not a huge fan of symes but he seems to always step into the side.
I think Martin will be very impressive this year for once hes injury free and people will able to see actually how good he is.

TOM15

Quote from: Knowall on January 11, 2011, 11:07:13 AM
  BJohncock, Rutten, Stevens
HBOtten, Davis, Doughty  CMackay, Thompson, Van Berlo
I/CTambling, Doughty, Sloane
SUB:Henderson, Martin, Maric/ Jacobs

Close to the team: Jaensch, Talia, Armstrong, Schmidt, McKernan

Any thoughts??? It was actually quite difficult to try and fit Jaensch and Henderson in as they probally should be in.  But with injuries/suspensions theyll have plenty of games.  I did this off the top of my head, have i missed anyone obvious?
i think there is only 1?? ;)

Knowall

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 01:59:11 PM
Quote from: Knowall on January 11, 2011, 11:07:13 AM
  BJohncock, Rutten, Stevens
HBOtten, Davis, Doughty  CMackay, Thompson, Van Berlo
I/CTambling, Doughty, Sloane
SUB:Henderson, Martin, Maric/ Jacobs

Close to the team: Jaensch, Talia, Armstrong, Schmidt, McKernan

i think there is only 1?? ;)
Doing those swaps ive confused myself ill fix it up

TOM15

B.Johncock, Rutten, Stevens
HB.Otten, Davis, Reilly
C.Mackay, Thompson, Van Berlo
HF.Douglas, Walker, Knights
FF.Porplyzia, Tipett, Dangerfield
  R.Maric/Jacobs, Vince, Sloane
I/C.Tambling, Doughty, Martin/Henderson
SUB:Henderson/Martin, Maric/ Jacobs

This is what I like :)

Knowall

Its funny none of us have included Jaensch yet i could easily see him even starting in FP.  That means we have a bit of depth ;D

TOM15

i always remeber when he got out runned by boomer harvey, about 10 years older than him  :'(

Knowall

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 03:24:17 PM
i always remeber when he got out runned by boomer harvey, about 10 years older than him  :'(
yea that was slightly embarrassing but he looks fit in pre-season.  he could be a very useful small fwd next year, he will still play more than he doesnt id imagine

TOM15

Quote from: Knowall on January 11, 2011, 03:50:18 PM
Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 03:24:17 PM
yea that was slightly embarrassing but he looks fit in pre-season.  he could be a very useful small fwd next year, he will still play more than he doesnt id imagine
not sure he will get that role with danger, porps and callian but he would probably get a game before callian

McRooster

Brad Moran maybe in front of McKernan.
Also Mark Bickley said on radio tonight that smaller more agile ruckmen like James Sellar may become the norm moving into this season as teams utilise the sub rule more strategically and have a running fresh body injected into the game.

Knowall

Quote from: McRooster on January 11, 2011, 09:48:08 PM
Brad Moran maybe in front of McKernan.
Also Mark Bickley said on radio tonight that smaller more agile ruckmen like James Sellar may become the norm moving into this season as teams utilise the sub rule more strategically and have a running fresh body injected into the game.
I just feel McKernan might start getting a handful of games together.

Interesting what Bickley said,  Id pefer Moran over Sellar.  I think Moran is very nice over head and was impressive back in 09 i thought.  Who do u think will start jacobs and Maric.  Jacobs is probally more talented but its tough to kick out Maric who improved during the year

bunyip

I don't know the Adelaide players very well, but it seems by your discussion that you have a lot of options this year.
I would expect the Crows will do well this year. Maybe even top 4 if your guns fire.

Knowall

Quote from: bunyip on January 11, 2011, 11:47:01 PM
I don't know the Adelaide players very well, but it seems by your discussion that you have a lot of options this year.
I would expect the Crows will do well this year. Maybe even top 4 if your guns fire.
I hope so as well, but i would be beingvery hopeful.  One thing with Adelaide is that they tend to be competive in all matches and u cant say that about every team.

I guess with so many injuries in a year u do deveolp a sort of depth as well as the retirees.

McRooster

Quote from: bunyip on January 11, 2011, 11:47:01 PM
@ $4.00 if you want a piece of it bunyip  ;)