Paul Chapman, what do you think he would be like this year with Ablett gone?

Started by zeus123456, January 10, 2011, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeus123456

I really want to hear peoples thoughts about him because I may consider him this year with bartel in my team :)

Robert Harvey 35

he'll dominate. hes a jet. players like james kelly aswell will step up i reckon. varcoe has had a restricted pre season will get more midfield time if he's fit. not likely tho.

zeus123456

Quote from: Robert Harvey 35 on January 10, 2011, 11:16:16 PM
he'll dominate. hes a jet. players like james kelly aswell will step up i reckon. varcoe has had a restricted pre season will get more midfield time if he's fit. not likely tho.
Okay cool cheers mate, I'm also considering Jimmy Bartel in my team. I'm going to take off Hayes for Bartel because I also got Boyd but they both have a bye in round 4 so easier if Hayes is a upgrade option:)

popedelio

Same here, though im tossing up between J.Selwood and J.Bartel, so hard to choose, though both should still have a consistent injury free season.

zeus123456

Quote from: popedelio on January 11, 2011, 12:50:32 AM
Same here, though im tossing up between J.Selwood and J.Bartel, so hard to choose, though both should still have a consistent injury free season.
Here check this out mate page 3 http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23752.0.html

Wilkopolis

No doubt in my mind that Chapman is in the top tier.  However....

1,  No hamstring injuries last year probably means 2 hammies this year
2.  Geelong have a bye in rd 2 of the Fantasy finals.  A sudden death game isn't the best time to rest one of your very best players.

MiGZ

yeh but if your team is any good you wont have to play round 2 of the finals, just go straight into the prelim!  ;)

CuStArDaRm

One way or the other you gotta have this guy in your team. So if you dont pick him up from the start he has to be one of the first you upgrade to.

He will only get more ball and more midfield time, I reckon with GAJ gone Geelong are a gold mine! Not that they wernt already ;).

Does anyone know who is gonna fill GAJ's shoes? who will take his spot on the ground?

MiGZ

I dont think anyone will fill ablett's shoes this season, it will just be a culmination of the old heads they already have in there. Bartel, Corey, Chapman, Selwood, Enright all these blokes will pull together and switch into the midfield more often i think, then a young type such as a taylor hunt, hogan or menzel will fill their positions. Someone like varcoe will move through the midfield, but he wont have the impact many people are predicting...his stamina just isnt up to scratch, yet.

elephants

Quote from: MiGZ on January 11, 2011, 03:25:52 PM
I dont think anyone will fill ablett's shoes this season, it will just be a culmination of the old heads they already have in there. Bartel, Corey, Chapman, Selwood, Enright all these blokes will pull together and switch into the midfield more often i think, then a young type such as a taylor hunt, hogan or menzel will fill their positions. Someone like varcoe will move through the midfield, but he wont have the impact many people are predicting...his stamina just isnt up to scratch, yet.

+1

j959

an upgrade target for mine after the Rd6 Geelong bye (even though it won't affect league games) - that way you can see how his hammys are going and what the GAJ-less effect will be re tags.

potentially tricky if you're already having Selwood and Bartel ...

Boomz

Extra workload, age, no hammies last year... Don't think I'll be getting him.

CuStArDaRm

age??? the guys 29.
Why does everyone look at age so much particularly for such  class act?
Have a look at Boomer last year.
Seriously if your going backwards at 29 you need either a kick in the ass or a new trainer.
In this day and age if you cant perform past 30 basically your just stupid