pls rate/comment

Started by 4820, January 10, 2011, 08:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEAM NAME: juddy55

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, N. Malceski, J. Adcock, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (J. Cripps, C. Richardson, J. Toy)

MID: D. Swan, D. Cross, C. Sylvia, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, J. Polec (D. Heppell, J. Green, A. Krakouer)

RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Jolly (M. Bailey, Z. Smith)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, J. Brown, A. Goodes, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)

CASH LEFT: $113,600

PowerMan

Quote from: 4820 on January 10, 2011, 08:30:51 PM

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, N. Malceski, J. Adcock, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (J. Cripps, C. Richardson, J. Toy)

MID: D. Swan, D. Cross, C. Sylvia, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, J. Polec (D. Heppell, J. Green, A. Krakouer)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, J. Brown, A. Goodes, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)

CASH LEFT: $113,600

Not much Improving, the only thing is Starting 3 midfield rookies this year may not be the go, other than that very nice team. 8.5/10 for me.

Justin Bieber

I don't mind a 3 rookie midfield as long as you can cover for a place if it goes pear shape, which you can do :).

Malceski looks to be a unique pick. Would also watch for Cripps if he would get games or now. I haven't researched much into him so wouldn't know alot about him.

enzedder

nice effort...looks good to me

TOM15

I think you are right with sylvia, i reckon he will be no.1 midfielder at demons this year :)

unsure about malceski, but thats just me i'm sure he could be a great pick-up this year

8.5/10 :)

I have made a couple of changes (not sure about the fitness of J. BROWN for the 2011 season), Pav in. Cripps out Iles in. I really want Caddy in my mids so I have taken out Green. I don't like the fact that I have taht much money sitting on my bench in mids though. Have you guys got any suggestions/comments.   Thanks guys, .....

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, N. Malceski, J. Adcock, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (S. Iles, C. Richardson, J. Toy)

MID: D. Swan, D. Cross, C. Sylvia, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, J. Polec (J. Caddy, D. Heppell, A. Krakouer)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, A. Goodes, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)

CASH LEFT: $20,300

Gooner

I'd look to use the spare cash to get one or two more premiums in there.

At the moment, you're relying on players like Malceski and Adcock to improve to premium standard. 

I think you're got a few risky players in there, but the best part about this team is that you've got a lot of players in there with the double bye during weeks in which there are no league matches.

7.5 without this factor, 8.5 because of the planning you've put into the byes.

TOM15

Maybe move heppell to the backs for Iles and put green back on the midfield bench?

Then swap jacobs and heppell and maybe downgrade jacobs to a cheaper rookie, to free up some cash?

still a good team 9/10 :)
TOM

Thanks "Tom15" & "Gooner" for you ideas... 
I had thought about the fact of moving Heppell to the backs but I then losse the MPP b/w bck & mid. I'll keep playing around with that. I like Jacobs so I'll probably end up keeping him.
I agree Gooner 1 or 2 more premiums would be nice. What are the players you consider risky?   

Gooner

Quote from: 4820 on January 11, 2011, 02:46:32 PM
I had thought about the fact of moving Heppell to the backs but I then losse the MPP b/w bck & mid. I'll keep playing around with that. I like Jacobs so I'll probably end up keeping him.
I agree Gooner 1 or 2 more premiums would be nice. What are the players you consider risky?   

Malceski - only has one year of recent good form to go on.  Could drop back to his 08,09 form and cost you a lot of money.
Adcock - coming back from injury, should be ok though
Jacobs - great talent, still has a fair bit of work to go before he's a good player though
Cross - I reckon the doggies are set for a trip down the ladder and consequentially I won't be selecting any/only rookies
Franklin - not risky, but I think he's a better upgrade target considering he won't get much more expensive but will drop if he has two or three bad weeks
Goodes - he's 30 now and historically has been a slow starter, good with the byes though.  Also a new coach and an unknown role

TOM15

Quote from: Gooner on January 11, 2011, 03:33:57 PM
Quote from: 4820 on January 11, 2011, 02:46:32 PM

Malceski - only has one year of recent good form to go on.  Could drop back to his 08,09 form and cost you a lot of money.
Adcock - coming back from injury, should be ok though
Jacobs - great talent, still has a fair bit of work to go before he's a good player though
Cross - I reckon the doggies are set for a trip down the ladder and consequentially I won't be selecting any/only rookies
Franklin - not risky, but I think he's a better upgrade target considering he won't get much more expensive but will drop if he has two or three bad weeks
Goodes - he's 30 now and historically has been a slow starter, good with the byes though.  Also a new coach and an unknown role

same gooner, i think goodes is just going to lose you money, he doesn't even play mid anymore..

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 10:36:47 AM
I think you are right with sylvia, i reckon he will be no.1 midfielder at demons this year :)
I'd prefer him to play off half forward to avoid the tag :D.

Thanks gents,
Will consider swapping Malceski, but I like the idea he isn't affected by byes.
Adcock - cash cow, hopefully can make some money before he gets injured "AGAIN"
Cross has been in and out of my side, but I do like him. That may change.
With Jacobs if he gets games and makes me money I'll be happy.
Agree with the Franklin comment, he is expensive. Didn't have him last year and when I was playing teams with him in it, it concerned me.
With Goodes "good" with the byes. I think he is reasonably priced, rearly misses a game, but it does concern me his age (injuries could start to catch up with him in 2011 ?).
Who do you think are my alternatives to the above players? Any suggestions.   

TOM15

the problem with cross is he is a bit too hanball happy, which doesn't get you as many sc points, swap for boyd, a much better player IMO

Gooner

Quote from: 4820 on January 11, 2011, 07:48:35 PM
Thanks gents,
Will consider swapping Malceski, but I like the idea he isn't affected by byes.
Adcock - cash cow, hopefully can make some money before he gets injured "AGAIN"
Cross has been in and out of my side, but I do like him. That may change.
With Jacobs if he gets games and makes me money I'll be happy.
Agree with the Franklin comment, he is expensive. Didn't have him last year and when I was playing teams with him in it, it concerned me.
With Goodes "good" with the byes. I think he is reasonably priced, rearly misses a game, but it does concern me his age (injuries could start to catch up with him in 2011 ?).
Who do you think are my alternatives to the above players? Any suggestions.   

Buddy - Rioli
Goodes - swap Sylvia to forward line
Cross - any of the gun midfielders but for Pendles (two Pies is too much to cover in the mids)
Malceski - Broughton if you want the bye coverage.