First in a long line of many Drafts

Started by dabombers, January 10, 2011, 03:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knowall

the midfield is fine Danger and Shuey are great i reckon!!
Theres too much money in the ruck bench tho.  I know u wanna take risks but id take Selwood or Hurley not both a buy  an improving prem like Hurn, Broughton etc.
Is mitch morton gettting regular games?(im not sure) Not sure about watts KPP tend to take longer to mature.

TOM15

mophead is right too much money wasted in the bench, blake and petrie is a waste on the bench,

gaff, atley and jacobs can all start on field with confindence

6/10

Knowall

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 10:21:00 AM
mophead is right too much money wasted in the bench, blake and petrie is a waste on the bench,

6/10
Not sure about Atley to be honest.  If u want another reliable midfielder go Polec i reckon or for a cheaper option Mzungu

TOM15

Quote from: Knowall on January 11, 2011, 10:30:04 AM

6/10
Not sure about Atley to be honest.  If u want another reliable midfielder go Polec i reckon or for a cheaper option Mzungu
I'm not 100% on Polec, but Mzunga is very tempting

Knowall

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 10:33:39 AM

6/10
Ok we will agree that he should have Mzungu in there   :)

But Polec will play, performed pretty well in the SANFL

TOM15

Quote from: Knowall on January 11, 2011, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 10:33:39 AM

6/10
Ok we will agree that he should have Mzungu in there   :)

But Polec will play, performed pretty well in the SANFL
yes he did, one of the best youngsters this year, but he will have to earn his spot in an already strong brisbane midfield

dabombers

Hey guys is this my team or yours....??????
Yeah muzungu was in first draft but positions is where it comes down to.
Risk is either make money or have a premium. Rucks will be where seasons fall apart with byes and injuries and I just dont want to have to use 2 trades there.  I'm probably more willing to spend more on bench to have ok cover on byes and to make money on guys who should get a gernsey rather than guys in and out of sides but until the Nab cup its just speculation.

BoredSaint

well you posted ur team up here so expect it to be criticised..

dabombers

you guys just hijacked my post and started discussing which guys you like between each other... Dont mind criticism actually I want it. Iron out bad Ideas early.

TOM15

Quote from: dabombers on January 11, 2011, 05:43:14 PM
Hey guys is this my team or yours....??????
Yeah muzungu was in first draft but positions is where it comes down to.
Risk is either make money or have a premium. Rucks will be where seasons fall apart with byes and injuries and I just dont want to have to use 2 trades there.

I'm probably more willing to spend more on bench to have ok cover on byes and to make money on guys who should get a gernsey rather than guys in and out of sides but until the Nab cup its just speculation.

Rucks aren't going to make you much money anyway...
esspecially Blake, he gets very little of the ball

RiOtChEsS

mopheads given some sound advice right there ::)

dabombers

Yeah took MopHeads advice on board and started again.
Getting a couple of spread sheets going this year with games and byes matched-up.
Also doing my own Depth charts on players split into the 3 categories.
Premiums, Midpriced improvers and Cashcows. Will be a resource for the rest of the year with my own spin on it.
Gonna go thru each team and mark players according to these things and try to steer away from mistake made in previous season.

bomberboy0618

nice work db  :)
as i get my prospectus ill kick the preseason up a gear.

dabombers

This is probably my best team so far

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, S. Selwood, A. Otten, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs (M. Coad, B. Retzlaff, J. Toy)
MID: B. Goddard, S. Pendlebury, P. Dangerfield, N. Foley, L. Shuey, D. Swallow (A. Gaff, A. Krakouer, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (A. Browne, M. Daw)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, R. O'Keefe, K. Tippett, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $356,000

Would like to squeeze Atley into the midfield and really not sure if Heppell Will get games early on. Could be changing ruck bench on form and price
Also prob wont start both Tippet and Petrie.

Would like K.Jack in side as a few others but I think this is best team so far.
Trying to find a good balance between Premiums and and midpricers

bomberboy0618