Steele Sidebottom, whats all the hype about?

Started by maanco, January 10, 2011, 12:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

it seems alot of people are on Sidebottom, WHY?

Hawka

pyronerd

because he is young and will likely improve to be a premium this year, and is a better option to most others around his price IMO

Fletch74

Quote from: pyronerd on January 10, 2011, 12:55:39 PM
because he is young and will likely improve to be a premium this year, and is a better option to most others around his price IMO
And he plays for Collingwood. Collingwood = HYPE!! Seriously, he is a good up and comer who is coming through the right channels at a premiership club. He will be a gun player!!

RiOtChEsS

shhhhhhhhhhhh dont get on sidebum he is shower 8)

pyronerd

Quote from: Marcz on January 10, 2011, 12:58:33 PM
yeah definitely *shifty eyes*

ossie85

Ok, this isn't going to sound at all bias, but Steele Sidebottom is going to be a star. Proven big-game player (10 goals in TAC cup final, Runner-Up in Norm Smith medal). And he's only played 2 years. Versatile. Good skills. Damaging.

..... why wouldn't he get fuss? I couldn't believe the Pies got him at #11.

... but I won't be picking him fantasy this year :)

freezer

He did win the 2010 worldwide name of the year competition as well! Has to count for something...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: pyronerd on January 10, 2011, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: Marcz on January 10, 2011, 12:58:33 PM
yeah definitely *shifty eyes*
*looks side to side* i wont be getting him either Oss 8)

azza_tash

did you not see his grand final performance last year? was just below the premium tag last year, former firstrounder, and third year rule, he'll star this year. look at bryce gibbs..

Barlow 21

Quote from: azza_tash on January 10, 2011, 06:00:02 PM
did you not see his grand final performance last year? was just below the premium tag last year, former firstrounder, and third year rule, he'll star this year. look at bryce gibbs..
He was excellent in the GF last year. 50/50 for me.

McRooster

Steele has a certain resolve and magnetic quality that draws people to him  ;)
Name another m/f that should improve his average 10+ points and only cost's you 341K, has had 3 hundreds last year and he plays his first five rounds against teams that finished in the bottom 8.

elephants

Quote from: pyronerd on January 10, 2011, 12:55:39 PM
+1
he will move into a 90+ ave next year IMO and he plays for the strongest team in the league, generally meaning better dt points per game ;)

CuStArDaRm

Yeh Id say the one thing that makes him an option is that he's in a good team that will win plenty of games and the only way is up for him after 2 great GF performances.

HTM

Quote from: hawka26 on January 10, 2011, 12:53:26 PM
Quote from: maanco on January 10, 2011, 12:52:15 PM
it seems alot of people are on Sidebottom, WHY?
+1 i dont understand it all ?

Didnt you watch the grand final replay, tore it up against good opposition