Main Menu

NFL Playoffs

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 10, 2011, 02:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 25, 2011, 08:21:32 PM
I think the Packers are going to win. Steelers CB's and FS are the weakness on the D. Brady carved up the secondary and Rodgers has the ability to do the exact same thing. Polamalu has a habit of guessing in the defensive backfield as well which could result in some big pass plays for the Packers.
But Polamalu is Polamalu. He's a game winner. And Mendenhall can give blows, and we all know about Ben.

Mat0369

Roethlisberger is probably the most clutch QB in the NFL right now. I watched the end of the Ravens game and when a throw needed to be made Big Ben was on the money. Most of the Packers games I watched this year they won. The only game I watched that they looked below average was the first game of the season. Vick came in for an injured Kolb. Vick was able to put off the Packers D with his mobility.

For the Steelers to win they will need to establish the run game. If Mendenhall can pound the ball down their throats and wear the D down it would go a long way to winning the game. Roethlisberger also needs to buy time with his feet and make throws on the run to burn the D.

On D they just need to get as much pressure on Rodgers with the front 4 as possible. If they blitz him he will make them pay. If they can do that they should be able to create some turnovers.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Master Q on January 25, 2011, 08:55:50 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on January 25, 2011, 08:21:32 PM
I think the Packers are going to win. Steelers CB's and FS are the weakness on the D. Brady carved up the secondary and Rodgers has the ability to do the exact same thing. Polamalu has a habit of guessing in the defensive backfield as well which could result in some big pass plays for the Packers.
But Polamalu is Polamalu. He's a game winner. And Mendenhall can give blows, and we all know about Ben.

Polamalu will struggle to have a major influence over the game as he is used too with the Packers style of offence drawing him deeper out of the box, taking him out of the pass rushing defence. Packers play their wide outs...Wide. They will drag Polamalu back, because if he comes up into the box, they will go deep and make big plays.

Mat0369

Anyone know if they are showing the pro bowl and what channel it is on? I have had a look around and found nothing

RiOtChEsS

ESPN normally does...

not this year tho mate :(

8-6 Suited

Yeah I had checked myself. It's a bit disappointing that it isn't on TV this year. :x

RiOtChEsS

Prediction 24-23 PACKERS

RiOtChEsS

Rodgers to Nelson TD...

Big Ben to Mike Williams INTERCEPTED and returned for a pick 6 by Nick Collins...

Packers 14-0 with 3 minutes still to go in the 1st

Rodgers to Jennings TD 21-3...

Big Ben to Hines Ward TD... 21-10 at halftime

Early in the 3rd Mendenhall punches in a short TD run GAME ON 21-17

Huge play at the start of the 4th qtr Pitt in scoring range

Mendenhall fumbles on a hit from Clay Matthews and the Pack recover...

Packers drive the length of the field Rodgers to Jennings again TD 28-17 12mins remain

Big Ben to Mike Williams TD with 7:34 remaining...

Going for 2pt conversion Ben rushes draws a defender and flicks it to Randle El score 28-25 :o

Goaline stand by the Steelers D and the Packers settle for FG 31-25 with 2:07 left :o

4th and 5 INCOMPLETE

PACKERS WIN 31-25
AARON RODGERS MVP

j959

Quote from: Marcz on February 07, 2011, 12:10:02 PM
Rodgers to Nelson TD...

Big Ben to Mike Williams INTERCEPTED and returned for a pick 6 by Nick Collins...

Packers 14-0 with 3 minutes still to go in the 1st

Rodgers to Jennings TD 21-3...

Big Ben to Hines Ward TD... 21-10 at halftime

Early in the 3rd Mendenhall punches in a short TD run GAME ON 21-17

Huge play at the start of the 4th qtr Pitt in scoring range

Mendenhall fumbles on a hit from Clay Matthews and the Pack recover...

Packers drive the length of the field Rodgers to Jennings again TD 28-17 12mins remain

Big Ben to Mike Williams TD with 7:34 remaining...

Going for 2pt conversion Ben rushes draws a defender and flicks it to Randle El score 28-25 :o

Goaline stand by the Steelers D and the Packers settle for FG 31-25 with 2:07 left :o

4th and 5 INCOMPLETE

PACKERS WIN 31-25
wow, great game - probably should've not looked for scores and then pm'd you to find out if worth/exciting enough to watch the replay as a very casual NFL observer ... will still watch the replay in any event!  :)
cheers Marcz

BratPack

I hope there were police in Texas to arrest Christina Aguilera for murdering the American national anthem

RiOtChEsS

yep that rendition was horrendous :-\

and J that was a top quality game absolutely worth watching the replay 8)

BratPack

Speaking of murder. What the flower was that Halftime show?

8-6 Suited

Pretty average game in my opinion. While there was some great plays, it didn't really stand out like the New Orleans Saints - Seattle Seahawks game for instance. That was a hell of a game.

As I predicted and bet on at the start of the season, Green bay Packers were just too strong in the end. Even with 15 starters on injury reserve, they showed their depth, heart and tenacity to maintain the lead and power home despite the pressure that had been applied late by the Steelers.

Justin Bieber

Might try to catch the replay as I was at school ::).

Just a casual watcher but who wants to miss the two best teams going at it for the Championship (even if you do know the result)?

RiOtChEsS

Gz shaggy ur hard to plz only 3 turnovers for the whole game 56pts both QB's completing 75% of their passes...

was the Colts Saints too :P