Main Menu

NFL Playoffs

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 10, 2011, 02:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

well the first 2 games r in the books and both were shockers

last years 2 Superbowl teams r out in the first round...

New Orleans Saints were defeated by the Seattle Seahawks 41 to 36

New York Jets defeated the Indianapolis Colts 17 to 16 on a field goal as time expired in Indianapolis...

Seattle were a 7W 9L division winner that were dubbed the easybeats of the playoffs, both games were rippers and hopefully that sets the trend for the rest of the road to the Superbowl

Todays games r Green Bay Vs Philadelphia Eagles :o should be the game of the week imo with 2 amazing QB's should be a barnburner
Baltimore Ravens Vs Kansas City Chiefs could also be a great game with both teams sporting power running games and elite RB's

Ravens 30 Chiefs 7 :o

Packers 21 Eagles 16 in a beauty of a game where the Eagles were intercepted in the final minute in their endzone going for the game winning score 8)

RiOtChEsS

next weeks matchups r:

Steelers Vs Ravens: these two teams over the past 10 years have played 17 times Steelers 9W Ravens 8W the amazing part of is the stats, in those games above the combined head to head score would be 302pts a piece yards gained 274pg to 270pg these two teams play ugly smashmouth football and i love it :)

Patriots Vs Jets: split the two regular season matchups this year

Green Bay Vs Atlanta: Atlanta won the regular season matchup and have only lost one home game in 2 seasons

Chicago Vs Seattle: suprisingly the Seahawks won the regular season matchup and could be a cinderella story

Green Bay demolished Atlanta 45-21 in Atlanta and r looking great after needing to win the last 2 games to even make the playoffs... Aaron Rogers was amazing completing 86% of his passes and threw for over 300yds with 3 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD...

Pittsburgh pulled off a great comeback against Baltimore after being down 21-7 early the Steelers fought back in the 3rd qtr with 2 quick TD's with a couple of minutes to play scores tied the Steelers had 3rd and 19 from there own 35 and the Ravens dropped 8 men back in coverage, yet Big Ben hits a 58 yard pass to rookie Antonio Brown and they eventually run it in for a TD and the Steelers win 31-24

Chicago Bears beat the Seattle Seahawks 35-24 Jay Cutler was amazing passing for 2TD's and rushing for 2TD's in a match where the score makes it look closer than it was and this sets up and old rivalry for next week in the NFC championship game Chicago Bears Vs Green Bay Packers... i actually think the Pack win this they r hot at the right time and will go onto the Superbowl

NY Jets 28 Patriots 21 which is a huge surprise since they got pasted by the Patriots 45-3 41 days ago... the Jets pass rush and attack on Tom Brady was unbelievable and the key to this victory.

RiOtChEsS

so the top 2 seeds r out... write ups on games above ::)

so with 4 teams left its:
NFC Championship Game Green Bay Packers Vs Chicago Bears in Chicago
AFC Championship Game Pittsburgh Steelers Vs New York Jets in Pittsburgh

Crystal Ball
Superbowl Green Bay Packers Vs Pittsburgh Steelers

RiOtChEsS

2 close games and the Packers will play the Steelers in the Superbowl in Dallas :)

Alex7089

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
I love the Packers :-*
The Steelers will be hard to beat though :-\

RiOtChEsS

definitely gonna be a ripper great defense and good offense vs great offense and good defense... i hope the Packers win :)

8-6 Suited

I actually put $100 on the Packers at the start of the season. Predicted them for the win at the start, but then a few injuries occurred and I began to doubt it a little. Hoping that they can pull through though. :D

RiOtChEsS

wow mate im definitely going for the Packers... u wouldve got some juicy odds that early in the season :D

8-6 Suited

Not really that good. I think its like $8 or $9. They were like 4th favourites to take it behind the Chargers, Colts and someone else who I can't remember. Or maybe they were 3rd.

Master Q

I go for the Steelers  :D

Not being bias, but I think they'll win.

MajorLazer

Whoever gets pressure on the QB and gets a couple sacks will win the game.

Master Q

Big Ben can run, and Steelers have the best defense by far so going by that you'd tip the Steelers  ;D

Mat0369

I think the Packers are going to win. Steelers CB's and FS are the weakness on the D. Brady carved up the secondary and Rodgers has the ability to do the exact same thing. Polamalu has a habit of guessing in the defensive backfield as well which could result in some big pass plays for the Packers.

Alex7089

Quote from: Master Q on January 25, 2011, 05:59:02 PM
I go for the Steelers  :D

Not being bias, but I think they'll win.
>:(
Green Bay will be all over you!

pothead

im hoping the steelers will win im not a big fan of the sport but i go for the steelers