Main Menu

New to this

Started by breakonthr, January 09, 2011, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakonthr

DEF: B. Goddard, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, J. Grimes, J. Drummond, J. Laidler, A. Otten (K. Cheney, M. Hibberd, S. Iles)
MID: D. Swan, M. Barlow, K. Jack, L. Anthony, D. Swallow, M. Wallis (C. Beams, S. Blease, A. Krakouer)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Kreuzer (S. Day, A. Browne)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, P. Veszpremi, N. Ablett, M. Brown (J. Butcher, J. Darling, A. Fasolo)
CASH LEFT: $1,900

mophead222

welcome :)

backs - grimes is ok, slightly injury prone but i like him :).  laidler (NO). who is cheney?   i rekon go laidler to ben jacobs or dyson hepell and cheney to cam richardson. -1

Mids - barlow is i think an upgrade target this year coz his pre season has been interupted with his leg, wallis should not be a starter coz he will struggle to break into dogs side, go him to conca or atley or heppell :) -1

Rucks - kruz should maybe be an uprgade target coz he is still unknown weather he will play rd1 and if he does, he wont be 100%, also swap day for zac smith (cheaper and will prob score more), dont know browne?  -1

Fowards -  higgins is made of butter (way too injury prone), pat vezpremi i dont think will score that well, ablett is deffinatly not starting material, neither is browne, get prestia or smith, and also look to get knights or petrie in there. -1.5

overall 5.5/10  sorry :)

can you rate my team?  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23624.0.html

Maca24

good effort mate.
I like your backs. laidler is awkwardly priced but mite do well at a new club.
get cheney of your bench as he is a waste of cash.
mids look great although id be careful of starting barlow as he is coming back from a broken leg.
rucks are great, again get day off the bench as he is a waste of cash.
forwards need some work, mitch brown and nathan ablett are key position players therefore not very good cash cows. look at some other options eg. knights, petterd, prestia, I.Smith.

Gooner

Malceski is a unique pick.  Wait and see if he's scoring well in the NAB Cup though.  He could easily drop back to his old scoring habits. 

Don't like Grimes and Drummond in the backs.  Too much of an injury risk with them both.

Cheney is overpriced and not guaranteed of games.

Barlow is no guarantee for round one and won't have much of a pre-season.  As Mophead said, upgrade target at most.  Not sure about games for Beams.

Kreuzer - see Barlow comments

Will Day get games ahead of Zac Smith?  Most people don't think so.  You're going to need the cover this season, so make sure you have rucks who will play.

Roo and Rioli are great picks - I think they should be in every team this year, but the rest of the forwards are a bit of a risk.  You've got a couple of key position forwards in Butcher and Darling who are yet to debut, I wouldn't risk them.  Not convinced about game time for Brown or N. Ablett.

Higgins is an injury risk and you don't have the players on the bench to regularly cover him.  Thomas is a good unique pick, but he had a big season last year and you've got to hope that he can back it up.  I think he can though. 

I'd only rate it a 4/10 sorry.  Might be worth starting again.

j959

Quote from: breakonthr on January 09, 2011, 05:37:25 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, J. Grimes, J. Drummond, J. Laidler, A. Otten (K. Cheney, M. Hibberd, S. Iles)
MID: D. Swan, M. Barlow, K. Jack, L. Anthony, D. Swallow, M. Wallis (C. Beams, S. Blease, A. Krakouer)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Kreuzer (S. Day, A. Browne)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, P. Veszpremi, N. Ablett, M. Brown (J. Butcher, J. Darling, A. Fasolo)
CASH LEFT: $1,900
welcome from me too ...

I don't think you need to start again, just implement some of the suggestions from mop, Maca and Gooner. i wouldn't be as harsh, say 6/10.

Def - just looks like you're missing one 'premium' there - as Gooner said Grimes, plus Drummond and then add in Otten (coming back from LTI as well) is pretty high risk. Downgrade cheney and maybe upgrade Grimes to Gibbs/Deledio (though you may need more cash from elsewhere to do that).

Mids - just Barlow as the others comment - to hold down a premium spot in your mid-line you don't really want to risk such a significant LTI return, you want them premiums banging out 100+ for you from Rd1 on ...

Ruck - I like Kruezer but as Gooner wrote he is risky like Barlow - you should downgrade him to Petrie (who will be in almost every man and his dog's team) barring inj before Rd1 for him. that will save you cash to put elsewhere.

Fwds - Maca has given you good options. Higgins is a risk and in my opinion, you can take 1-2 speccy risks per line (hoping on cover) -  so no big issue with his selection but coupling him with Veszpremi means 2 Dogs out in Rd4 (overall only) and Rd20 (overall and league implications) that you'll have to cover.

Good luck!

RiOtChEsS

bomberboy0618

definitely unique marcz ;)

breakonthr

Cheers for the advice guys...i have had a play around and although risky i kind of like this lineup except for the rookies cause i wont have any idea till preseason matches start

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, J. Drummond, J. Adcock, A. Otten (M. Hibberd, S. Iles, J. Toy)
MID: D. Swan, M. Barlow, J. Corey, J. Brennan, L. Anthony, N. Foley (D. Swallow, C. Beams, S. Blease)
RUC: K. Tippett, J. Fraser (T. McDonald, M. Bailey)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, D. Thomas, J. Porplyzia, R. Petterd, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Butcher, J. Darling, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $92,600

Maca24

poproise?  ???
terrible mids no offense.

ossie85

Some originality! Always welcome.

Quite like that as something different, though downgrading Barlow (who has no upside is likely ot struggle early in the year) to a rookie, and using the cash to upgrade someone - probably Fraser, and you have a nice team.

Such a relief to see these unique teams, because lately they've all looked the same.

Shameless advertisement:
Join the FF Lethal League Factory.

bjrouse

You need to get Goddard back in...
You got rid of Grimes but added Adcock. Still 3 major injury prone players across the back.
Re do your mids...They are terrible
Tippet was woeful last year.
I feel you only have 1/2 the forwards correct

I give your first attempt 5-6/10
I give your second attempt 5-6/10
It seems you replaced the players everyone said to get rid of with the same type of players.

Gooner

Still too much risk in the team.

Have another crack. 

You have a good number of premiums in the team, which you've managed by not picking guns but lower end premiums, that's the best feature of the team.

ossie85

Aim of the game is fun.

BoredSaint

breakonthr

I understand what you are saying but i am trying to look outside the square. As ossie said..most people seem to pick the same players but i am looking for value players that although have been injured in the past.. they have proven to score well when healthy.Although it is risky..if you pull it off you can make big cash in a short time (they just have to last to rounds 4 5 and 6). Also i am looking for players that i think will have role changes.

I think Fraser will be used like he was in pre-jolly which was #1 ruck and saw him average 90+

Tippet wil be able to push up the field like he did in 2009 now that knights is in the fwd line.

Porplyzia training in the midfield group is a good sign because he has a history of scoring 100+ when playing there.

Have chucked ablett in there cause he is a gun and easy to sub in round 1

adcock drummond and otton will be big scorers

foley has potential to be a big scorer

betts had to be added in cause all of a sudden thomas is just a mid  ???

j anthony 2009 scored average of 75 and now with freo they play direct footy which means the ball will come in quick which is what he needs.. the pies play around the boundry which didnt suit.

my team is also being worked around rounds 4 5 and six so i dont get any 0's

i am a poker player .. i love risks and a challange

My first time and i cant wait to play...here is my team so far...pending preseason game form review

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, J. Drummond, J. Adcock, A. Otten (B. Jacobs, M. Hibberd, S. Iles)
MID: B. Goddard, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, L. Anthony, N. Foley, D. Swallow (A. Krakouer, C. Beams, S. Blease)
RUC: K. Tippett, J. Fraser (T. McDonald, M. Bailey)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, E. Betts, J. Porplyzia, J. Anthony, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Butcher, B. Matera, D. Webb)
CASH LEFT: $32,600