Adcock or Jack grimes

Started by Shaggers, January 08, 2011, 05:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggers

Currently my backline is as follows..

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledo, Duffield, Adcock, Otten, Jacobs                                        Subs - Coad, Richardson, Toy

But I'm taken with the idea of swapping Adcock for Grimes
Adcock will be worth around $240k and Grimes $350k.
Is Adcock worth the risk?                                                                              Is Grimes worth that money? - He will defo get you points if he stays injury free.

Opinions appreciated please.

Boomz

Wait & see how they look pre-season fitness wise but if both are fit I'd pick Grimes over Adcock any day but thats just personal preference.

ronl

Grimes definately over Adcock, but they are both injury risks.

Barlow 21

I like Grimes over Adcock too. It will be important to see who proves themselves in Pre-Season though.

elephants

i am less and less likely to keep adcock but there is no one around his price range other than hurley??

Shaggers

ridley

b.sheppard
or scott selwood are alternatives

Shaggers

I do like Scott Selwood actually, think he can average around 90 this season.

FLOPITOUT1

Anyone thinking of Ellis from the hawks 320k averaged 100 in his last 3 games :-\

elephants

cheers ridley some great alternatives there actually :)

yeah ellis is injury prone. he is too pricey for me anyway :)

McRooster

Based on current price versus match appearance averages in the last two seasons - Grimes comes in at $28,000 per match, Adcock comes in at $20,258 per match.
Adcock gives better value for money if you are going to take the risk with either of them, they have almost played the same number of games in the past two easons (24 v 25) and you would suffer greater financially if Grimes was to be the one to go down.
However the 18 point gap in average points scored does have merit for Grimes, negating that though is the fact $110k can be spent stacking another position with a premium you may not have been able to afford.

ronl

I'm with Shaggers.  I think Scott Selwood could go on with it, very positive signs the second half of 2010.

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: elephants on January 08, 2011, 09:35:00 PM
cheers ridley some great alternatives there actually :)

yeah ellis is injury prone. he is too pricey for me anyway :)
Yeah he is a bit of both  :-\

elephants

ellis would be unique and he was a very high draft pick a few years ago i beleive...
hmmmm still not sure on adcock, he will miss games this year that is a garuntee, he has played a full season only once in his career and coming off such a serious injury why should this year be different ?
i really like scoty sewood and finding out that kelly is ONLY A MID means i could look at some cheap options like hargrave and scotty. i am also strongly considering gram?
but yes i would take adcock over grimes and spend the money elsewhere. :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: McRooster on January 09, 2011, 12:25:18 AM
Based on current price versus match appearance averages in the last two seasons - Grimes comes in at $28,000 per match, Adcock comes in at $20,258 per match.
Adcock gives better value for money if you are going to take the risk with either of them, they have almost played the same number of games in the past two easons (24 v 25) and you would suffer greater financially if Grimes was to be the one to go down.
However the 18 point gap in average points scored does have merit for Grimes, negating that though is the fact $110k can be spent stacking another position with a premium you may not have been able to afford.
nice robuttle McRooster id never thought about breaking it down into match payments like that very impressed :)