Main Menu

Draft Team

Started by Gooner, January 07, 2011, 01:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooner

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Drummond, Maxwell, Otten, Heppell (Jacobs, Richardson, Toy)

Mid: Hodge, Dal Santo, Pendles, D Swallow, Atley, Krakouer (Bartlett, Blease, Libba)

Ruck: Sandilands, Cox (Spencer, Smith)

Fwd: N Riewoldt, Pavlich, Brown, Rioli, J Riewoldt, Pettard, Smith (Matera, Tapscott, Mzungu)

Still not sure about Spencer, Pettard, Bartlett and Libba with question marks over some of the other rookies (eg. Tapscott, Mzungu) as to whether they'll get games.

I could 14 premiums, 15 if Maxwell can get back to his '09 form, which I think he can if he can stay injury free.

pyronerd

Quote from: Gooner on January 07, 2011, 01:11:58 PM
Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Drummond, Maxwell, Otten, Heppell (Jacobs, Richardson, Toy)

Mid: Hodge, Dal Santo, Pendles, D Swallow, Atley, Krakouer (Bartlett, Blease, Libba)

Ruck: Sandilands, Cox (Spencer, Smith)

Fwd: N Riewoldt, Pavlich, Brown, Rioli, J Riewoldt, Pettard, Smith (Matera, Tapscott, Mzungu)

Still not sure about Spencer, Pettard, Bartlett and Libba with question marks over some of the other rookies (eg. Tapscott, Mzungu) as to whether they'll get games.

I could 14 premiums, 15 if Maxwell can get back to his '09 form, which I think he can if he can stay injury free.
IMO maxwell wont get back to his 09 form, may be solid but not a massive scorer, i think u should be alright with your mid rookies, watch how they go in the NAB cup, same with spencer, mzungu should definitely get some games same with matera so it shouldnt matter if tapscott doesnt get a heap of game time, but otherwise a fairly solid-looking uniquish team 8.5/10  ;)

bjrouse

Not bad...Don't like a few of your forwards though.
Just sit back and watch the NAB

j959

g'day Gooner, solid team mate.

would agree with pryro on Maxwell, good player but SC-wise not so sure he'll get back up there but if you're willing to take the risk i wouldn't have an issue with that ...

mids are a bit risky but again you gotta have that sometimes - just not so sure of Pendles and Kraks in the same line cos of bye coverage issues potentially ...

i think your fwd line is fine, personal preference IMO but understand where bjrouse is comin from. if you're looking at overall ranking you'll have to cover N Riewoldt and Brown in Rd4 as well as Godds and Drummond in your backline to consider

Gooner

The other thing that I'm considering is going for a complete guns and rookies team and trading Maxwell for Enright and Pettard for another rookie.

I'm targeting finals only, rather than overall ranking.

The rationale is that rookies make you more money than mid-pricers, but suffer from a lack of consistent games due to being rested/dropped if they have a poor game.  With the expanded bench, it reduces this risk, although having multiple players out as a result of a bye can still be a risk, but this should be the best way to make money and get the best available team.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Gooner on January 07, 2011, 03:24:25 PM
The other thing that I'm considering is going for a complete guns and rookies team and trading Maxwell for Enright and Pettard for another rookie.

I'm targeting finals only, rather than overall ranking.

The rationale is that rookies make you more money than mid-pricers, but suffer from a lack of consistent games due to being rested/dropped if they have a poor game.  With the expanded bench, it reduces this risk, although having multiple players out as a result of a bye can still be a risk, but this should be the best way to make money and get the best available team.
I agree with you on Maxwell as he is not a consistent option.