Main Menu

Skippy

Started by Alex7089, April 23, 2009, 08:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

This is a big problem for me. I already have raines clogging up my backline reserves  and currie in ruck now with skippys injury I have m. brown forward with j. grant in reserves if i put brown on the ground i will have 4 reserves not playing with 2 in my forward line should i just us a trade?

Hondo71

Yes, but you're probably a week late on the Raines trade because Rance and Dawson have gone up.  I tried to wait it out with Raines but it just put too much pressure on my rookies to perform.

How about Raines to Broughton (if he's named) then trade Skippy to Riewoldt or Buddy

And be done with it!  I got myself into a trading freeze until a mate told me to chill a bit so I swapped Raines for Gilbert and suddenly my backs were back on track.

tony73

Hondo you are right, I'm in a trading frenzy as well and when I look at my rookies I have 11 and as it stands now, with only 17 trades left I cant even get rid of them all as cash cows, some will have to stay anyway. Not to mention mids that may need upgrading!!!

With that many trade options you cant go trading every injury if you want to take full advantage of cows and mid upgrades.

But its oh so tempting isn't it and I think thats the whole craze with Fantasy footy!!!need more trades!!!

lovepelican

@Alex, IMO you should only trade Skippy this week if you don't have any cover or happen to have some spare cash (ie can upgrade on 1 trade). Not sure of your cash situation, but you have cover, so I'd hold off. Reasons below:

Skippy was always in the team to make a bit of cash and then to upgrade (or potentially downgrade for a good rookie).

It terms of upgrading, you obviously need cash and this will generally come from downgrading another player (with that other player planned to be a rookie). As Rookies have NOT peaked in value yet I wouldn't be downgrading any Rookies this week to upgrade Skippy.

This leaves the downgrade, and this week there are no suitable targets IMO (to be "safe" you want to bring in a rookie with 2 games under his belt, is named for the 3rd and looks like holding down a posi).

So, as I don't have any cash and have some cover I will put him on the pine! (he also has some upside to come if he returns before round 8-9 when the culling begins)