The Nailers (Rate for a Rate) Lot of new changes.

Started by Nails, January 07, 2011, 11:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

The Nailers, a high risk team...
Please rate it and let me know what you think, feel free to add any suggestions. Don't normally post my team but I'm unsure this year...

Backs:
Gibbs, Delids, Goddard, Kelly, Duffield, Otten, Josh Toy
Bench: Retzlaff, C. Richardson, M. Hibberd

Mids:
Dane Swan, Boyd, Anthony, Chapman, D. Swallow, Foley
Bench: Heppell, Mzungu, A. Krakouer

Rucks: Cox, Petrie
Bench: Z. Smith, M. Daw

Forwards: Didak, Sylvia, J. Brown, N Voldt, Knights, I. Smith, Prestia
Bench: Darling, A. Hooper, B. Matera

Left with 50K. Perhaps a bit worried about the foward line...

RobbieK

I would be wary of Everitt - the Swans do have a very good track record of getting solid performances from the players we trade in, but in this case you have to have some concerns for his ability to maintain a spot in the 22 (and indeed, the likelihood that if he is in the 22 he is going to be number 22).

With Shaw, Mattner, Malcescki and Kenneally already in the team the HBF position has a lot of competition at the Swans.

I think the rest of the team looks fine from a strucutral point of view, other than the number of Collingwood players you have - with the bye this year I really don't think you can go in with 3 Collingwood midfielders. Even with Krackouer as a DP player, you only have Syvlia that can swap with him for Collingwood byes, so I think you are asking for a 0. I contemplated both Shaw and Pedlebury, both are going to be quality players this coming season for DT, but I only ended up with Swan in the end. I would swap Krackoue for Gaff at thevery least.

Nails

Took Boyd out for Chapman so I could have a C/F player in the mids, was an oversight on my behalf.

Upped Everitt to Jack Grimes.

Now can't decide... A. Krakouer out for a rookie player or Pendles > Boyd/similar

hally25547

that is a very strong midfield - maybe take one out and upgrade everitt
your ruck combo is a risk but it could pay off so i like it.

ive seen retzlaff in a few teams now - can you tell me a bit about him?
can you also rate and comment on my team?

cheers Hally
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23597.0.html

elephants

solid midfield and backline and a ruck combo you will have to work with  ;)

your midfield in my opinion is too strong  :-\ drop a gun for a rookie and turn a forward or back rookie in to a gun :)

Nails

Everitt out...

Not too much of a fan of downgrading one midfielder, the team that came 13th last year had a near all gun midfield similar to mine.

I think Pendles is going to climb this year

And the only players I'd like to upgrade from the start are Toy, Petterd or Knights but I'm worried they're all too greater value to downgrade a midfielder... One guy I don't like in my mids = Chapman but do need a C/F there.

Thoughts?

Nails

Quote from: hally25547 on January 07, 2011, 03:03:19 PM

ive seen retzlaff in a few teams now - can you tell me a bit about him?
can you also rate and comment on my team?

He's a young kid who should get a game for us, with all the outs we have should get games and was said to be one of the stand outs at Brisbane's pre-season

"Bryce Retzlaff- (BRI) $87,500
Bryce Retzlaff is a 19 year-old Queenslander who endured an injury-interrupted year. He played the last six senior games for Labrador in the local QAFL where he played between centre half-back and centre half-forward - showing plenty of promise in both positions.  He was best on ground in the Shanghai Showdown played against Melbourne.  The huge man (195cm) could well play round 1, and is an MPP (F/B) option.  Will watch pre season, short list"

Taken from Junktimer's SC thread... http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23320.0.html

elephants

Backs - I dont see any problems there other than Jack Grimes has had a few injuries of late, fir my team he will be an upgrade target for someone like otten or adcock. i think he will be a decent pick though :)
also i know nothing of hibberd and retzlaff looks a possibility :)

Mids - very strong midfield IMO. i think it is good what you are doing as many people have moved away from kraks... a problem i see is when the pies have their bye pendles and swannie willbe out with no mpp options there. othert than that solid and nice to see you are willing to take a punt on foley :)

Rucks - same thinking as me with cox being under-priced and fraser being there to make some dough before a sandi trade :)

Forwards - Very strong yet slightly unique premium 4 with knights, pettard petrie all returnign from injury :) i think they could be good picks but i think two injury returners per line is maximum. i would drop one of them to a rookie or for a gun :) not sure how much cash you have but i think buddwood would be a good pick for one of those blokes :)

cheers mate can you talk to me about my trades? cheers LE

Nails

Petterd > Isaac Smith. Not too confident on this trade.

S. Day > Zac Smith.

Pendles > Boyd. (due to, too many Pies in the mids)
Will watch Pendles over pre-season, might get back in. Will be in the top few for DT this year imo.

Leaves me with $190k in the bank and trying to consider someone to upgrade with this. I think all the mids/rooks I have are too greater value to really trade. Could possibly get Petterd back, but do agree with the maybe too many injuries in the forward line.

Jukes

8/10, don't trust the ruck combo of Cox/Fraser. I think Sandi/Jolly or Sandi/Cox would be better.

elephants

cox fraser is a big risk but it has big reward, i initially had thi combo but i decided i would put petre in the rucks instead as it is hard to find premium rucks for a price that wont bust the bank.

Master Q

Adcock a bad choice. Very injury prone and hasn't played for a while. TBH I'm not sure if Grimes will play like he has the past 2 seasons, but it could end up being a good choice. Just think you might want to think about him.

Dump Fraser, other options and he is old and tired.

Master Q

Perfect! I'm glad you listen to me, it actually makes the team look a lot better.

But, do you have anyone who can swap with Petrie?

Nails

as in forward to mids?

I was hoping my 2 ruck benches would be sufficient but I realise I probably want m. daw in the forwards to swap. It's just which fwd rook do I take out and which random ruck do I use in daw's place...