Epic battle - Hodge vs Bartel

Started by magpies01, January 07, 2011, 11:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpies01

Hey guys. In my team this year I have Bartel locked in. But losing Hodge from the backline really hurts. So I was wondering, should I go with Hodge, or stick with Bartel? ???

CuStArDaRm

Having had Bartel the last couple years and Hodgey I would say Hodge......but the thing is Jimmy is fairly recielant I mean the guy played most the season with an elbow injury!
Its a tough call, personally i havnt got a spot for either at the moment.
They'll both be upgrade targets for me depending how they are going.
:P

McRooster

The guy I lost to two seasons ago in a DT GF had Hodge in his mid all year long and no Bartel - so he can be legitimately used as a mid with no MPP.
Jimmy has been the go to mid for alot of people who need a Captain and haven't selected a Swan type in the past.
One of the toughest arguments up thus far, but I'd go Jimmy just because I can see beter options down the tree in the Hawks you'd want to include - meaning you won't have room for Hodge.

valkorum

Bartel is Mr Consistant and I think may improve his average a few points this year with GAJ gone.

I think everyone is turned off Hodge because he is no longer DPP (I know I am)

McRooster

Bartel is a junktime master. People will be slamming him in live chat each quarter when he has 8 points or something but his engine allows him to be the go to player as teams slow down the play late in the game.
Often he will be 32 points at 3/4 time and finish with a 90+. Class.

valkorum

Quote from: McRooster on January 07, 2011, 12:12:32 PM
Bartel is a junktime master. People will be slamming him in live chat each quarter when he has 8 points or something but his engine allows him to be the go to player as teams slow down the play late in the game.

I have lost count the number of times that I have Bartel and my opponent didnt and JimBOB has slutted up the 4th quarter to win me the game.

This will most likely be the first season that I wont have Bartel from the start of the season.  The last 4 - 5 seasons he has been an auto inclusion into Team Valkorum

McRooster

Quote from: valkorum on January 07, 2011, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: McRooster on January 07, 2011, 12:12:32 PM

I have lost count the number of times that I have Bartel and my opponent didnt and JimBOB has slutted up the 4th quarter to win me the game.

This will most likely be the first season that I wont have Bartel from the start of the season.  The last 4 - 5 seasons he has been an auto inclusion into Team Valkorum
+1 - does that make it easier for you magpies01?

valkorum

At this stage I cant find room in my team for either Bartel or Hodge.  Looking like going with Chappy in the mids (for his DPP) and I dont want 2 Geelong players in the midfield.

Gooner

Hodge all the way.

Bartell will cop a harder tag and won't get as much junk time, as the Cats will drop off a fair bit without GAJ and with an aging side.

RiOtChEsS

jim jim has a bye rd in the finals and hodgey doesnt... does that help sway?

Willinz

Hodgey might be a unique the way this thread is going. But he will be in my side.

Love watching him and love it more when he knocks up the big scores in my side.

elephants

ronl

Tend to agree with what Gooner had to say.  I'm a Hodge man all the way from the start, with Bartel a possible upgrade later on if he's motoring well and Geelong hasn't fallen away too far.

Barlow 21

I`d go Hodge as he will be a unique mid due to his MPP status being stripped from him. :P

Chopps

if i had to choose which i dont coz i am going neither it would be hodge, i have started last two seasons with both.