Total Tigers 1st team

Started by Total Tiger, January 07, 2011, 03:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Total Tiger

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BACKS:
Gibbs(C/B), Deledio(C/B), Kelly(C/B), Gilbee(C/B), A Otten, Heppel(B/C), B Jacobs
Bench- Toy, Richardson, Coad

MIDS:
Goddard(C/B), Swan, Anthony, Shuey, D Swallow, Gaff
Bench- Atley, Wallis, Mzungu(F/C)   

RUCKS:
Sandilands, Petrie (F/R)
Bench- Smith, Bailey

FORWARDS:
N Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak(C/F), Pavlich(C/F), Goodes(C/F) Higgins(C/F), Knights
Bench-I Smith, Darling, Callinan (C/F)

31,600 Left in the salary.

ossie85

Quite a few people have a lot of Shuey love! I don't see the value in the 2nd year player...

I'd downgrade Shuey to say, Krakouer or someone cheap like him, and upgrade a backmen, which is a bit weak

Barlow 21

With Ossie on this one. Shuey is a second year player who are often bad value for fantasy footy. This was proved by Palmer, Rich in their second years. ;)

Total Tiger

You make a good point Ossie with downgrading Shuey for Krakouer and using the money to upgrade in another spot however this year will be Shueys 3rd year in the system and if he gets hes body right i see him playing an important role in West Coasts midfield.

j959

Hey TT, i like your team - solid.

would agree with ossie and Barlow re Shuey but only cos you've also got Gaff in that line - may make cover hard with the byes this year so you might have to pick one of the two - also on that note you've got the 2 GC players on your def bench.

on a similar note, if you've got an eye on overall ranking you'll have to cover Franklin and Pav in Rd6 for Hawks/Freo bye.

only other concern would be Higgins and his inj woes in your fwd line and guessing you're taking the risk with him but suggest maybe you could have him as an upgrade target during the season after you've had a chance to watch him in a game situation - i just remember the final where the Dogs rushed him back in, terrible and definitely not his usual output at all.

Gooner

Shuey is a good option.

He's a better option than Gaff IMO.  Remember, that he was a top 20 pick in the 2008 draft, so he'll be a 3rd year player with a proven scoring history for little more than a top draftee.

Not sure on your forward line with Higgins (injury risk) and Goodes (traditionally a slow starter and he's 30 now).

Other than that, it looks to be a good team.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Gooner on January 07, 2011, 12:47:23 PM
Shuey is a good option.

He's a better option than Gaff IMO.  Remember, that he was a top 20 pick in the 2008 draft, so he'll be a 3rd year player with a proven scoring history for little more than a top draftee.

Not sure on your forward line with Higgins (injury risk) and Goodes (traditionally a slow starter and he's 30 now).

Other than that, it looks to be a good team.
Gaff will be a lot better IMO. He is more suited to the SC game and is not nearly as injury prone.

Total Tiger

Firstly thanks heaps for this guys.

I think that Higgins just had a poor year due to injury and that illness that he had. Clearly he is a good player when he is up and running and i think that i will be taking the risk with him this year. MPP helps as well. I don't know about Goodes he is probably one of the first out of my team if i need more money but i cant see anyone to come in for him other than O'Keefe, Sidebottom, Sylvia or Rioli but i am not entirely convinced by any of those players.

Boomz

Quote from: Total Tiger on January 07, 2011, 03:15:00 AM
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BACKS:
Gibbs(C/B), Deledio(C/B), Kelly(C/B), Gilbee(C/B), A Otten, Heppel(B/C), B Jacobs
Bench- Toy, Richardson, Coad

MIDS:
Goddard(C/B), Swan, Anthony, Shuey, D Swallow, Gaff
Bench- Atley, Wallis, Mzungu(F/C)   

RUCKS:
Sandilands, Petrie (F/R)
Bench- Smith, Bailey

FORWARDS:
N Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak(C/F), Pavlich(C/F), Goodes(C/F) Higgins(C/F), Knights
Bench-I Smith, Darling, Callinan (C/F)

31,600 Left in the salary.

Backs:  Look good except not convinced on Gilbee.

Mids: Good but I'm with Ossie & Barlow I see no value in having Shuey over a rookie especially seeing as you hve Gaff on the same line.

Rucks: Standard line no problems.

Fwds: Strong line except I would stay away from Higgins he's almost a certainty to get injured before round 1. Goodes is getting on and if he plays forward again his scores won't be good enough for a premium.

8/10

LiveTheDream

Like the team TT, some good unique picks that will give you the edge over a lot of teams!

Quote from: Barlow 21 on January 07, 2011, 09:53:57 AM
With Ossie on this one. Shuey is a second year player who are often bad value for fantasy footy. This was proved by Palmer, Rich in their second years. ;)

Gaff will be a lot better IMO. He is more suited to the SC game and is not nearly as injury prone.

Sorry guys but I completely disagree. Shuey is a great pick. You are spot on Gooner. He is a gun and going into his 3rd year (breakout year), if he is fit he will play 22 games in the midfield for west coast. You would have to be joking saying that he is bad value! He would be bad value if he was priced at 375k, which he would be without his 40% discount. If a good 3rd year player at that price is bad value, then surely swallow and gaff are terrible value, seeing as they are untried rookies at AFL level.

I know the history, but he is not injury prone, just has had a very rough trot - the main reason he hasn't played is due to a family tragedy in 09 and glandular fever last year.

Gaff is more suited to the SC game?? Yes, maybe, but Gaff is also more suited to playing against boys ;) Shuey is effectively two years ahead of Gaff - he won Vic Metro's B&F in 2008 has got two more years of AFL development under his belt.

Don't get me wrong, both are very good picks, but there has been a lot of huge calls made when comparing these two! If both are fit, Shuey all the way!!!

Boomz

How is he a good 3rd year player though?! yes he was #18 (somewhere around there) pick in the draft but he's played 5 or 6 games and your saying he's a gun? Theres big wraps on Shuey yes but he has had OB, Knee problems and a broken leg among other injuries if I remember correctly so he's hardly had 2 more years development...

Total Tiger

Yeah there basically my views as well LiveTheDream. For an extra 50 thousand i can get Shuey who has AFL experience over say a first round rookie like Caddy or Conca. In the games that Shuey played last year where he was fit he scored quite well.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Total Tiger on January 07, 2011, 09:26:18 PM
Yeah there basically my views as well LiveTheDream. For an extra 50 thousand i can get Shuey who has AFL experience over say a first round rookie like Caddy or Conca. In the games that Shuey played last year where he was fit he scored quite well.
Yes, but 50k can mean alot throughout the year in DT. Sheuy will not be a keeper and he will earn you less so that 50k becomes 100k when you take profit into account!

Total Tiger

Yeah that's true BOOMZ he has had a few injuries but it seems that West Coast rate him and will give him every chance to cement a spot in their midfield. Even if he cant cope with a full season in 2011 he will make a stack of money if he gets early opportunities which i think he will.

Total Tiger

I think he will make enough money for that 50k extra not to matter much but i see your point Barlow 21. I will watch NAB cup closely and if Shuey doesn't play well then i will switch him to J. Green, Krakouer or might stay with a cheap experienced player like D Harris, Hartlett, Mclean or Foley.