Help - 2nd Attempt

Started by Chopps, January 06, 2011, 10:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

its changed a bit & would love some feedback  currently have 2 major concerns,
* 6 starting rookies
* weak backline with ottens, heppel & jacobs starting

this is a fairly standard looking team with minimised risk, happy to take a bit more risk

also looking at overall more then league win

any advice would be great

similar to most back lines, don't want Gibbs but not much choice

backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Duffield, Ottens,  Jacobs & Toy (Rookie, Richardson & Rookie)

Midfield:
Swan, boyd, Kornes, Anthony d swallow, gaff (wallis, callinan & Heppel )

Jolly could be swapped to someone cheaper
Ruck:
Cox, Jolly ( Smith, Mcdonald)

Was considering sidebottom instead of didak
Forwards:
Chappy, Buddy, Riewoldt,Sidebottom , Knights Petrie Prestia (3 rookies)

RobbieK

My comments would be:

1. Backline is pretty standard - no obvious weaknesses in your selections and the structure looks right. With a lot of backlines looking the same and, as you say, not a whole lot of choice in the premiums, I expect backlines aren't going to win anybody the competion, but they could lose it. This doesn't look like one that will lose it.

2. In the midfield I would favour Anthony to Kornes personally. I also think you probably want to avoid having two players from the same team in one position because of the need to cover byes this season, so you should probably decide which of D Swallo and Bennell you want to go with (I'd go with Swallow).

3. If Cox gets back to previous years scoring this looks a very good ruck selection. If he doesn't, you may well be overspending here. I like Jolly, so Cox would be where I would be considering a cheaper (not too cheaper, though) replacement.

4. I think the structure here is fine, but I have some concerns about a couple of the players - Chapman scores like a beast, but I have my worries about how much time he will spend on the field this season. With the loss of Ablett he will probably get a bit more ooposition attention, and his hamstrings an ongoing concern, I have my doubts about him reproducing his last season. Goodes is a bit of an odd one too. His scores last season fluctuated a fair amount, depending on where he played. If Bradshaw, White and Johnston have a good pre-season, he would spend more itme in midfield, and he would be a good option. If there are any doubts over the fitness of those other players, he will spend more time up forward, and his scores will suffer.

Chopps

Thanks For the Feedback RobbieK

Quote from: RobbieK on January 06, 2011, 11:33:06 AM
My comments would be:

2. In the midfield I would favour Anthony to Kornes personally. I also think you probably want to avoid having two players from the same team in one position because of the need to cover byes this season, so you should probably decide which of D Swallo and Bennell you want to go with (I'd go with Swallow).

reason i am favouring kornes at the moment is 6 seasons no games missed bye rd 12 and avg 95 -107 (at best) anthony 17 games in two seasons but alot of potential,

theory with swallow and bennel would imagine they will play during the seasons so i only need to cover them rd1 which i should be able to do then i can trade one out need be rd 9

3. If Cox gets back to previous years scoring this looks a very good ruck selection. If he doesn't, you may well be overspending here. I like Jolly, so Cox would be where I would be considering a cheaper (not too cheaper, though) replacement.

mumford was my other option instead of cox depending on seaby though.(dont want bombers or hmac) so mumford is next in line

4. I think the structure here is fine, but I have some concerns about a couple of the players - Chapman scores like a beast, but I have my worries about how much time he will spend on the field this season. With the loss of Ablett he will probably get a bit more oposition attention, and his hamstrings an ongoing concern, I have my doubts about him reproducing his last season. Goodes is a bit of an odd one too. His scores last season fluctuated a fair amount, depending on where he played. If Bradshaw, White and Johnston have a good pre-season, he would spend more itme in midfield, and he would be a good option. If there are any doubts over the fitness of those other players, he will spend more time up forward, and his scores will suffer.

yea was thinking he should be midfield (fingers crossed) if not will find someone else for him, chappy is one of many cats that needs attention without ablett they cant tag them all. we'll wait and see at the moment cant pass up the high scoring if worse comes to worse i can trade goodes and chappy to anyone i want though so not fussed yet

maanco

Quote from: RobbieK on January 06, 2011, 11:33:06 AM
My comments would be:

1. Backline is pretty standard - no obvious weaknesses in your selections and the structure looks right. With a lot of backlines looking the same and, as you say, not a whole lot of choice in the premiums, I expect backlines aren't going to win anybody the competion, but they could lose it. This doesn't look like one that will lose it.

4. I think the structure here is fine, but I have some concerns about a couple of the players - Chapman scores like a beast, but I have my worries about how much time he will spend on the field this season. With the loss of Ablett he will probably get a bit more ooposition attention, and his hamstrings an ongoing concern, I have my doubts about him reproducing his last season. Goodes is a bit of an odd one too. His scores last season fluctuated a fair amount, depending on where he played. If Bradshaw, White and Johnston have a good pre-season, he would spend more itme in midfield, and he would be a good option. If there are any doubts over the fitness of those other players, he will spend more time up forward, and his scores will suffer.

i agree with robbie on those 4 points.
Bennel i think will only avg around 60 and for that price you realy want about a 75.
7.8/10

PS. can you rate mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23647.0.html

Chopps

who would you suggest instead?

RobbieK

One thing I might add is that Heppell maybe better in your midfield (be it in place of Bennell or on the bench) than in defence.

The reason for me suggesting that is that there are quite a few mature aged players with very low prices in defence this season (Hibberd, Faulks, Coad, Richardson off the top of my head), so they may be better options for you. By having Heppell in midfield you increase your ability to rotate DP players through defence and midfield as needed.

I originally started with Heppell in defence, but in my current plans he has moved to the midfield bench. Along with Callinan from Adelaide I now have two cheap options on my midfield bench who should get game time and provide that DP flexibility with both defence and attack.

j959

Quote from: Chopps on January 06, 2011, 12:11:41 PM
who would you suggest instead?
think that is everyone's dilemma at the moment Chopps!
Swallow and Gaff seem pretty safe bets even at this early stage - it's your next starting mid rookie that's an issue for most.

maybe you can go a cheap rookie equivalent to replace Bennell, such as D Harris/Foley/McLean instead??

support Robbie's and maanco's comments but i agree with your reasoning on K Cornes, Chappy and Goodes - as you said, you gotta have a bit of risk.

j959

Quote from: RobbieK on January 06, 2011, 12:22:02 PM
One thing I might add is that Heppell maybe better in your midfield (be it in place of Bennell or on the bench) than in defence.

The reason for me suggesting that is that there are quite a few mature aged players with very low prices in defence this season (Hibberd, Faulks, Coad, Richardson off the top of my head), so they may be better options for you. By having Heppell in midfield you increase your ability to rotate DP players through defence and midfield as needed.

I originally started with Heppell in defence, but in my current plans he has moved to the midfield bench. Along with Callinan from Adelaide I now have two cheap options on my midfield bench who should get game time and provide that DP flexibility with both defence and attack.
+1

Heppell in your mids as your possible 3rd starting rookie mid and MPP link to all those C/Bs in your back line.  ;D

maanco

there you go get rid of bennel and put heppel in your mids and the get richardson or a GC player for your backs

Chopps

CHeers Heppel now in place of bennel and a cheap rookie in defence also was considering instead of jolly/didak going sandi/sidebottom thoughts?

maanco

yep should give you a bit more cash aswell to upgrade or for the rest of your rookies

Chopps

instead of jolly/didak going sandi/sidebottom thoughts?

maanco

I would be more inclined to go with a jolly/sidebottom and spend the spare cash on somebody else, But thats just me.

Chopps

oh why oh why now i have something else to consider :D

why would you go jolly/sidebottom

elephants

i am going to say one thing andone thing only.

kane cornes great pick well done ;)