Main Menu

Voting for the best ever crow

Started by Junktimer, January 06, 2011, 03:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

Who do you think is the best crow ever?

After receiving at eight nominations, this is now the time where we vote for who we think is deserving, two votes per person, first to eight wins.

Here are some career highlights on the nominees:

- Mark Ricciuto
8 time All Australian, twice as captain.  3 time Adelaide best and fairest.  7 years as Adelaide captain.  Brownlow medal.  3 time Showdown medal.  312 games, 292 goals.  Premiership player.

- Simon Goodwin
5 time All Australian.  3 time Adelaide best and fairest.  3 years as Adelaide captain.  258 games, 160 goals.  Dual premiership player.

- Andrew McLeod
5 time All Australian, once as captain.  3 time Adelaide best and fairest.  Twice Norm Smith medallist.  AFL MVP award winner.  340 games, 275 goals.  Dual premiership player.

- Tony Modra
Twice All Australian.  3 time Mark of the year winner.  1995 goal of the year winner.  Coleman medallist.  165 games, 588 goals.

- Simon Tregenza
Port Adelaide (SANFL) two time premier.  106 games, 16 goals.

- Nigel Smart
3 time All Australian.  Dual premiership player.

- Brett Burton
Mark of the year winner, 177 games and 265 goals.

- Darren Jarman
3 time All Australian.  230 games for 386 goals.  3 time premiership player.

ossie85

Ricciuto and McLeod for me :) Stars!

Though I reckon Tyson Edwards 300+ games, and Ben Hart's defensive marvels should at least give them nominations

McRooster

Riccuito best by the length of the straight.

Modra, captured the state for years like our own David Beckham and he was the guy we all wanted to be. The movie star looks, the ladies, surfing, hangers, goals - but just like Becks, when he opened his mouth.... ::)

LOL Tregenza  ;D (blame naste I think), Why didn't anyone nominate Stuart Wigney?  :D

dylsta05

Hawka

i picked goodwin and roo

and my vote gives roo the win

nas

had to have 2 Port Boys in there

Why no Laurence Angwin then

CrowsFan

Ricciuto and McLeod for me too.
Grew up watching them both play since I have been watching footy since 1995.
Two truly great superstars of the game, but Ricciuto definitely the best Crow there has ever been!

Junktimer

Roo wins.

I agree Ossie they were unlucky but I only put em in if they were nominated

Knowall

Not that it really matters any more but im surprised Bickley or Hart werent options.
But it wouldve been Roo for me

Junktimer

Quote from: Knowall on January 06, 2011, 02:16:47 PM
Not that it really matters any more but im surprised Bickley or Hart werent options.
But it wouldve been Roo for me

if you look at a previous thread it had a place for nominations and eight came through, but I agree they may have been unlucky to miss out

McRooster

Others unlucky to miss out on a nomination.....

David 'Pitiful' Pitman
Ian 'Sergeant' Perrie
Matthew 'I've got a yellow jacket' Connell
Peter 'Carey Killer' Caven
Rodney 'Rocket' Maynard
Wayne 'Weeds' Weidemann
Shane 'I kicked five goals in a GF' Ellen
Aaaron '6 games and a Premiership' Keating

With special nominations for those from down the road who played for the Team for ALL South Australians...

David 'Mullet' Brown
Greg 'Mullet' Anderson (is there a theme here?)
Troy 'Sticky' Bond
Trent 'The Leap' Ormond-Allen
Scott 'I married the coaches daughter' Hodges
Bruce 'I did not play for the Crows' Abernethy - yes you did Bruce  ;)

Very hard to choose from the above classy field, but Riccuito was deservedly the winner  ;)

nas

One of my favorites (I know this is going to come back & haunt me) John Klug. Always seem to have time to get rid of the pill.

McRooster

Quote from: naste on January 06, 2011, 04:52:14 PM
One of my favorites (I know this is going to come back & haunt me) John Klug. Always seem to have time to get rid of the pill.
From your side of the fence too naste (at Thebarton? I think he hails) 26 games, wore # 20 and was a member of the first ever side in 1991 when we smashed the Hawks by 86? points - Jet  8)

nas

McRooster

A twin headed, Cadbury eating, apple lover hey?

Yeah I only meant SANFL wise, sorry I wasn't Coopers Clear  :-[