Started by HillHero13, January 05, 2011, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillHero13

Backs: Deledio, Kelly, Gilbert, Murphy, Adcock, Silvagni, Otten
                      Talia, Heppel, Isles

Mids: Goddard, Swan, Windelrich, Cotchin, Swallow, Gaff
                      Atley, Caddy, Mzungu

Rucks:  Ryder, Petrie
RANDOMS! Don't know good bench options..

Fowards:  Pavlich, Goodes, LeCras, Higgins, Mayne, L.Davis, Knights
                                    Lamb, Butcher, Markovic

Fowards are shaky but i don't really know what i should do with the rest of the team..

please rate 1-10??

Hawka

il help u with ruck benchies
max bailey
jamie charman
zac smith
robert campbell
mcdonald(from dees)
majak daw

Junktimer

Quote from: hawka26 on January 05, 2011, 10:52:08 PM
il help u with ruck benchies
max bailey
jamie charman
zac smith
robert campbell
mcdonald(from dees)
majak daw

i agree minus mcdonald and daw, plus jenkins and derickx IMO

Hawka

well daw for mpp value ;) if u have
edit:just noticed petrie was in his ruks not fwd...so scratch daw

HillHero13

Junktimer

I like the team, good unique side.

Don't like Bob Murphy though, pretty injury prone and just not a great scorer IMO, Silvagni could prove to be a nice unique pick.

Good unique mids.  Don't know about Caddy however as he has had groin surgery and will miss NAB Cup, I have a feeling josh green, callinan or conca is a better option.

Few issues in the forwards however, Goodes, not a fan of him, killed me this year.  Not sold on the Frenchman, Higgins or Neon either.  Unique line though. 

Overall, a very nice unique team, bit of tweaking would turn it from nice to great IMO.

8/10

tom_scully

Not enough prems in the backs, can't see the sense in having God in the mids (and no one will convince me otherwise), Adcock injury prone
Murphy injury prone, the Silvagni train left last year
Winderlich - shaky and awkwardly priced, Cotchin - can't even run 3.8ks on the Tan, Atley - slid in the draft because of his inaccuracy, more of a DTer, Sandi should be a lock - esp with the bye and new interchange rules, Goodes - too old, Higgins - made of plasticine, L Davis (surely not Neon, got me thinking this is a HTM style joke team), Lamb, might struggle to get games early with plenty of small fwds ahead of him on the list. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but there are just too many mid pricers (who are the most risky to pick).

Junktimer

tom scully why do you go for the eagles but your name is tom scully?

just a fan?

oodmutler

Tom_Scully: Federer better than a team.

Love it!

timster74

Quote from: HillHero13 on January 05, 2011, 10:47:52 PM
Backs: Deledio, Kelly, Gilbert, Murphy, Adcock, Silvagni, Otten
                      Talia, Heppel, Isles

Mids: Goddard, Swan, Windelrich, Cotchin, Swallow, Gaff
                      Atley, Caddy, Mzungu

Rucks:  Ryder, Petrie
RANDOMS! Don't know good bench options..

Fowards:  Pavlich, Goodes, LeCras, Higgins, Mayne, L.Davis, Knights
                                    Lamb, Butcher, Markovic

Fowards are shaky but i don't really know what i should do with the rest of the team..

please rate 1-10??

1) Agree with previous feedback re your backs, injury prone and not enough of the top super premiums.  Also missing Goddard.
2) Midfield - I think is unique however not strong enough.  Again not enough super premiums. Of the four keepers in your mids only 2 will be in the top 10 scoring mids for the season.
3) Rucks - Again don't like them - I think there's better options - higher scoring options.
4) Forwards need a lot of work.  I like Goodes & Pav but the other premiums/keepers just won't score high enough.

I think try to pick players that averaged higher in the last two years.
I give you credit for being unique - that's a good thing.  I just think you have gone overboard.  Keep going and working on your side.  I've reviewed mine what seems like a hundred times and I'm still not there!!
Keep at it matey.

Knowall

players id consider changing:
Murphy-Old gets injured all the time pick a first year player or upgrade to a Hurn, Grimes, Drummo
Silvagni-awkwardly priced, young KPP cant see him hugely improving his scores id go a Jacobs or Toy there. save some cash
Winderlich You willing to take the gamble, hes not a prem and cant see him having the potential like cotchin does but saying that hell score a solid 85-90 average im guessing
L.DavisA joke?
Just remember Mayne may not have a breakout, Higgins gets injured otfen, and although i think lecras is a great player i dont rate him in SC.
Maybe consider ROK, Sylvia, Rioli all set too improve next year and then chuck in a starting rookie

7/10 but  with a few changes could get a 9 easily

HillHero13

updated team..

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Gilbee, Symes, Thornton, Mcveigh, Adcock
                                        Toy, Clarke, Guthrie

Mids: Swan, Gibbs, Kelly, Winderlich, Swallow, Gaff
                    Smith, Atley, Mzungu

Rucks: Hille, Petrie
  Gorringe, Derickx

Fowards: Didak, Gilbert, O'keefe, Mayne, Pettard,Knights, Prestia
                         Talia, Darling,Mcdonald

Fowards i think are a bit weak... but is there any improvment from my first team?

and can i work around this team aswel?

tom_scully

Quote from: Junktimer on January 06, 2011, 12:04:29 AM
tom scully why do you go for the eagles but your name is tom scully?

just a fan?
Thought we were half a chance for the wooden spoon half way through 2009 and that we might have snared Scully. Jumped the gun and got it wrong and I believe you should live with the consequences of your decisions, when when they are the wrong ones.
Still, Scully is a gun - 1st draft pick, brilliant 1st season and future champ, so can't complain too much.

tferrier18

Quote from: Junktimer on January 05, 2011, 11:06:25 PM

Few issues in the forwards however, Goodes, not a fan of him, killed me this year. 

Dude, Goodesy is so underpriced it's ridiculous. His averages before this year were 115, 105, 105 and 120. His price only went down this year due to a role change, so if he goes back to playing in the mids for most of the game he'd be impossible to ignore. Guess we'll have to wait until nab/early in the season to find this out. Although I'll still probably have him from r1 anyway.

Junktimer

he'll also be 30 yrs old and fresh from having the worst year of his career in terms of scoring, his average dropped by 20 and in an aging body, its a no from me.