Team Number 1 out of.. who knows?

Started by HillHero13, January 05, 2011, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

Quote from: tom_scully on January 06, 2011, 02:09:00 PM
Quote from: Junktimer on January 06, 2011, 12:04:29 AM
tom scully why do you go for the eagles but your name is tom scully?

just a fan?
Thought we were half a chance for the wooden spoon half way through 2009 and that we might have snared Scully. Jumped the gun and got it wrong and I believe you should live with the consequences of your decisions, when when they are the wrong ones.
Still, Scully is a gun - 1st draft pick, brilliant 1st season and future champ, so can't complain too much.

hahaha fair enough, true you can't complain

tom_scully

Quote from: tferrier18 on January 06, 2011, 02:09:16 PM
Quote from: Junktimer on January 05, 2011, 11:06:25 PM

Few issues in the forwards however, Goodes, not a fan of him, killed me this year. 

Dude, Goodesy is so underpriced it's ridiculous. His averages before this year were 115, 105, 105 and 120. His price only went down this year due to a role change, so if he goes back to playing in the mids for most of the game he'd be impossible to ignore. Guess we'll have to wait until nab/early in the season to find this out. Although I'll still probably have him from r1 anyway.
I'm not convinced it was a role change. Check through his 2009 scores. IIRC he spent most games fwd including a monster 200+ score at CHF.

bomberboy0618

yeah he may be aging, but then again this is a risky game...

HillHero13

can i get thoughts on the updated team please??

bomberboy0618

Quote from: HillHero13 on January 06, 2011, 02:55:09 AM
updated team..

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Gilbee, Symes, Thornton, Mcveigh, Adcock
                                        Toy, Clarke, Guthrie

Mids: Swan, Gibbs, Kelly, Winderlich, Swallow, Gaff
                    Smith, Atley, Mzungu

Rucks: Hille, Petrie
  Gorringe, Derickx

Fowards: Didak, Gilbert, O'keefe, Mayne, Pettard,Knights, Prestia
                         Talia, Darling,Mcdonald

Fowards i think are a bit weak... but is there any improvment from my first team?

and can i work around this team aswel?

there are 4 risky backs, 1 risky mid and the forward lines not good.

Barlow 21

Overall a very risky team but I really don`t like Winderlinch and Gilbert.
Gilbert is a risk seeing as he is rumoured to play forward next season which could affect his scoring greatly. He really relies on getting disposals running of the half-back line. You could really downgrade Gilbert to Grimes/Hurn/Broughton if you are looking for a unique player.