First up attempt

Started by hellyeh12, January 05, 2011, 08:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellyeh12

Ok this year im going for a league win as in previous I have only cared about overall. We had a very strong league last year finishing in the top 500 and i feel its only going to get harder this year.

Please rate my team knowing i have tried to pick it for a league win.

backs: goddard, deledio, broughton, duffield, grimes,otten, heppel.......jacobs, x clarke, karmichael hunt

Mids: Swan, Gibbs, Pavlich, Anthony, Tambling, Swallow.... Gaff, Blease, Krakouer...

Rucks: Cox, Fraser... Lobbe (fwd/Ruk) Daw

Fwds: Sylvia, Thoms, Roo, rioli, pettard, petrie (fwd/ruk), prestia... mzungu, tapscot, matera.

ossie85

Cox and Fraser! Second team I've seen with that combo, recipe for disaster IMO.

I reckon people should start not bothering writing down Goddard, Deledio and Gibbs ;) In every team!

Solid across the board! Tambling I don't like, and Gibbs and Pavlich I'd play in defense and forward, but it could easily work in this position :)

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on January 05, 2011, 10:03:28 PM

Cox and Fraser! Second team I've seen with that combo, recipe for disaster IMO.

I reckon people should start not bothering writing down Goddard, Deledio and Gibbs ;) In every team!

Solid across the board! Tambling I don't like, and Gibbs and Pavlich I'd play in defense and forward, but it could easily work in this position :)
ditto for most of ossie's comments

Cox/Fraser - pretty risky, one of them would be ok but both is doubling your risk, no?

Tambling is risky and you need a bit of that but reckon better to save the money and put Gaff on the field or take some proven but returning LTI players (Foley, McLean, etc)?

I also reckon Gibbs and Pav are better in your respective back and fwd lines and use rookie MPPs as your links, to take advantage of all that 'mid-ly' goodness

hellyeh12

thanks for the reply guys. i can go tambling to foley and cox to sandi. I will play with the rest to see if my team is still solid with gibbs back and pav fwd. Not many solid rookies in MPP theat tickle my fancy at the moment.

maanco

well if your going for leage it shouldnt realy matter that much about MPP your subs should be able to do the job fine other than that i agree with ossie and j

PS. can you comment and rate mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23647.0.html
thanks

hally25547

dont like the ruck combo. one or the other is enough risk

other than that a good team - 8/10

can you give mine a rate please?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23597.0.html
cheers

elephants

interesting team, different to many i have seen on the site... more than likely due to the fact you are going for your league win. pav and gibbs in the middle are different (in saying that i will probably have gibbs in the middle too) and i am very happy to see you have the balls to pick tambling. he will be a swimmer or sinker we are just not sure which one yet :)

finally i strongly dislike your ruck bench. it is bad imo. X clarke is way too injury prone and Khunt is not at GC to play well just there to bring crowds. there is a lot of depth in back rookies this year with jacobs, coad, iles, toy, richardson to name a few :)