Main Menu

The 14 5 5 Trade Structure

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 05, 2011, 03:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

This year il be working from the 14 5 5 Trade Structure...

The Formula:
14 trades for upgrades netting between 5 and 7 big inclusions
5 for long term injuries
5 left for the finals campaign

with this structure and short listed upgrade targets in mind i can look at my selected side and project what my side should look like without cutting into those valuable 10 trades needed for emergencies and finals... if i dont need the LTI trades thats a bonus for later in the year but i think its essential u plan for them they happen... by breaking my trades down into brackets and keeping record of them in those catergories it will help me keep my mistakes to a minimum and make me accountable for my reasons and rationalisations... its easy to get a little intoxicated early on with the number of trades u have and think u can afford to burn one here or there on a sideways swap but they all count and if u give urself a structure it will help u build a better squad in the end... this structure wont work for some of u but its important to develop a structure for urself and work to a long term plan.

well i hope this helps u guys or atleast stimulates ur thought processes on ur trading and im interested to hear if any other members have already developed a structure and how it works thanks for reading and good luck for 2011  :)

j959

Definitely a strategy to think about and good food for thought, thanks Marcz.

the biggest mistake I learned last yr was NO SIDEWAYS TRADES as far as possible!!  :'(

PowerMan

Quote from: Marcz on January 05, 2011, 03:26:10 PM
This year il be working from the 14 5 5 Trade Structure...

The Formula:
14 trades for upgrades netting between 5 and 7 big inclusions
5 for long term injuries
5 left for the finals campaign

with this structure and short listed upgrade targets in mind i can look at my selected side and project what my side should look like without cutting into those valuable 10 trades needed for emergencies and finals... if i dont need the LTI trades thats a bonus for later in the year but i think its essential u plan for them they happen... by breaking my trades down into brackets and keeping record of them in those catergories it will help me keep my mistakes to a minimum and make me accountable for my reasons and rationalisations... its easy to get a little intoxicated early on with the number of trades u have and think u can afford to burn one here or there on a sideways swap but they all count and if u give urself a structure it will help u build a better squad in the end... this structure wont work for some of u but its important to develop a structure for urself and work to a long term plan.

well i hope this helps u guys or atleast stimulates ur thought processes on ur trading and im interested to hear if any other members have already developed a structure and how it works thanks for reading and good luck for 2011  :)

That's exactly why people should use there watchlist, was using this last year and was a massive help. you put your shortlist on it and keep and eye on them from week to week, even put some of the rookies in there that wanted in your side, but couldn't chuck em in.

elephants

Looks good marcz I think this would really work :)

RiOtChEsS

:) thanks guys glad u got something out of it  ;)

ossie85

Good stuff Marcz! How about when to do trades? Somewhat complicated with the byes

elephants

I have one trade set I reckon
Round 8 sandi in fraser out :)

Hawka

ele i duno fraser has byes in 1 and 7

Chopps

Quote from: hawka26 on January 05, 2011, 10:54:25 PM
ele i duno fraser has byes in 1 and 7

1 and 9 for fraser, pies are 7 so would work well if you are going fraser to a sandi, still just missing the two byes for that position

elephants

Yeah round 1 and 9 for Fraser, hopefully he will have made me some dough and sandi will have dropped in value

Justin Bieber

Not a bad plan Marcz. I usually keep 14 aside for trades anyway.

I say for every downgrade you do, an upgrade should follow. Sometime if you downggrade correctly, could save you a trade for another downgrade and get 2 upgrades from it :). Did that this year and was good.

Injuries was a killer this year and will keep 6 for them. Extra 4 will be back up for whenever I feel like I need them. 1 or 2 will be fix it trades in case I need them early.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: ossie85 on January 05, 2011, 06:07:23 PM

Good stuff Marcz! How about when to do trades? Somewhat complicated with the byes
thanks ossie appreciate it... to be honest i havent given the byes alot of thought yet i dont want it to be a primary focus for my team but id be happy to do a write up about it at some stage prior to seasons launch :)

Hp i knew u would be divising some strategies ino ur keen to do well this season and im hoping u do too... just not better than me plz haha jk ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on January 06, 2011, 02:03:35 AM
Hp i knew u would be divising some strategies ino ur keen to do well this season and im hoping u do too... just not better than me plz haha jk ;)
It won't be hard to do better than me ;D. DT isn't my game (but apparently I did better than SC this year :'().

I always leave some fix it trades at the start as I do tend to take a few risks :P. But I like doing the downgrade + upgrade later in the season. I usually excel there than I do with a starting team ;D.

ossie85

Quote from: elephants on January 06, 2011, 12:53:41 AM
Yeah round 1 and 9 for Fraser, hopefully he will have made me some dough and sandi will have dropped in value

Reckon you should lock and load Sandi from beginning, and maybe upgrade Fraser to Mummy or someone....

Sandi has no byes... is a star. Last year season he began with a bang, could do the same and actually be MORE expensive

freezer