Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

I was tossing up between Johnny Wardle and Bill O'Reilly as my spinner for a long long time. In the end I went Wardle mainly for his ability to be able to switch between bowling finger spin and wrist spin with equal effect to deceive the batsmen

roo boys!

I am imagining suspenseful music :P

Justin Bieber

Yeah, new post will be up soon. Screws up my lineup but can't leave him out now :P.

Alex7089

CrowsFan

pyronerd

just so u all know i was greedy and took both warne and O'Reilly  :P

Alex7089

Oh right, I was confused :p I thought Pyro was joking :p

CrowsFan

Haha no.
So once HP makes his choice do you want us all to post our teams again with captain and keeper named so you can copy them into another thread for voting?

Justin Bieber

Well seeing as Bill O'Reilly is taken (::)), Welcome to the team, Sanath Jayasuriya.

Sanath Jayasuriya a Sri Lankan cricketer. An all-rounder, he has been a member of the Sri Lankan cricket team since 1989. He is the only player to score more than 13,000 runs and capture more than 300 wickets in One Day International cricket. He is also regarded by many critics and experts as one of the best all rounders in the history of the game.

A Test Batting average of 40.07, is more suited to the One Day game and changed the way Batters actually batted during the shorter forms of the game. That alone should get him in!!

Along with partner Romesh Kaluwitharana, Jayasuriya revolutionized One Day International batting with his aggressive tactics during the 1996 Cricket World Cup, a strategy they first tried on the preceding tour of Australia. The tactic used was to take advantage of the early fielding restrictions by smashing the opening bowlers to all parts of the cricket ground, particularly by lofting their deliveries over the mandatory infielders, rather than the established tactic of building up momentum gradually. This was a novel but potentially match-winning tactic at that time, and Sri Lanka, who had previously never made it out of the preliminary rounds, went on to win the World Cup without a single defeat. Their new gameplan is now the standard opening batting strategy in limited overs cricket for the modern era. Glenn McGrath cited Jayasuriya in his XI of toughest batsmen, noting "it is always a massive compliment to someone to say they changed the game, and his storming innings in the 1996 World Cup changed everyone's thinking about how to start innings."

Alex7089

Yeah that is the plan, I was just about to post that when this happened :P

Justin Bieber

Team now looks like:
1. Graham Gooch
2. Bill Woodfull (C)
3. Graeme Pollock
4. Wally Hammond
5. Sanath Jayasuriya
6. Jaques Kallis
7. Darren Lehmann (VC)
8. Rodney Marsh (WK)
9. Wilfred Rhodes
10. John Wisden
11. George Dennett

pyronerd

my team:
1. B.Richards
2. V.Sehwag
3. A.De Silva
4. D.Crompton
5. A.Border (c)
6. K.Dev (vc)
7. M.Boucher (wk)
8. S.Warne
9. M.Marshall
10. B.O'Reilly
11. C.Walsh

CrowsFan

Ok my final squad:

1: Len Hutton (C)
2: Herbert Sutcliffe
3: Don Bradman
4: Eddie Paynter
5: Charlie Macartney
6: Alec Stewart (WK)
7: Ian Botham (VC)
8: Alan Davidson
9: Johnny Wardle
10: Tom Richardson
11: Fred Spofforth

pyronerd

this is hawkas squad:

1.Gordan Greendidge
2.Matt Hayden
3.Ken Barrington
4.Brain Lara (vc)
5.Mark Waugh
6.Alan Knott(wk)
7.Shaun Pollock
8.Richie Benaud (c)
9.Ray Lindwall
10.Curtly Ambrose
11.Muttiah Muralitharan

bomberboy0618

Quote from: MTTY on January 13, 2011, 12:15:34 AM
Quote from: Alex7089 on January 13, 2011, 12:07:56 AM
Quote from: MTTY on January 13, 2011, 12:06:14 AM
That makes my team

1.Sunil Gavaskar(VC)
2.David Gower
3.Clyde Walcott
4.Javed Miandad
5.K.S.Ranjitsinhji
6.Chris Cairns
7.Thomas Godfrey Evans(WK)
8.Sir Richard Hadlee(C)
9.Jim Laker
10.George Lohmann
11.Clarrie Grimmett
You sort of snuck up and created a monster team here MTTY :O
Cheers Alex and CF, btw guys i should be getting my prospectus tomorrow so feel free to inbox me any questions
Same, oh boy oh boy im excited :)