Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

My next pick is to close out my position for the remaining opener.

Dessie as he was known was one of the finest West Indies openers in history. In all first class cricket he made 26030 runs at 45.90 and 15651 more in 419 one day games at 42.07 with a top score of 152*. He scored 61 first class hundreds in all and won 55 man of the match awards in all forms of the game.

Haynes formed a formidable partnership with Gordon Greenidge for the West Indies cricket team in Test cricket during 1980s. Between them they managed 16 century stands, four in excess of 200. The pair made 6482 runs while batting together in partnerships, the highest total for a batting partnership in Test cricket history. Haynes favoured a more measured approach to batting. He compiled 7487 runs in 116 Test matches at an average of 42.29, his highest Test innings coming against England in 1984 with 184 off 395 balls. He is one of the few Test batsman to have been dismissed handled the ball, falling in this fashion against India on March 3 1978.

Therefore, I pick Desmond 'Dessie' Haynes

1. Desmond Haynes
2. David Boon
3. George Headley
4. Viv Richards (c)
5. Frank Woolley
6. Patsy Hendren
7. Les Ames (wk)
8. Johnny Douglas
10. Allan Donald
11. Tich Freeman

12th Man:

CrowsFan

Nice pick shaggy.
Don't think BB will be on till tomorrow morning...

8-6 Suited

I have an absolutely awesome final bowler pick that I know no one will think of yet is one of the greatest bowlers of all time. :P Surprised he is still available. o.O!

HillHero13

well i looked for best all-rounders and he came up..

CrowsFan

I've got a pretty awesome final bowler to pick too.
Hopefully no one gets him.
Who are you talking about shaggy?

HillHero13

i have a good last bowler aswel!

-_-

hope both of you have different ones..

bomberboy0618

Hawka

bomberboy0618

thanks hawka for that pick, i got a great 12th man, one of the best cricketers ever  ::) ::) ::)

Alex7089

I pick...
Mahela Jayawardene

Again, with the batsmen of long ago being picked this modern great has been overlooked.
With at least 9,000 runs in every form he ever played (excluding showerty T20's)
9,408 test runs sustaining a 54.06 average, 9,003 runs in ODI's, 15,177 in first class and 10,787 List A runs.
He averages at least over 65 against India & England, with a mammoth 70.09 average against South Africa.

He has managed his top score twice, in test cricket & then again in first class cricket. This man is class, and he can really smack a ball as well.

1. Geoffrey Boycott
2. W.G. Grace
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Mahela Jayawardene
5. Phil Mead
7. Ian Healy
8. George Hirst
9. Harold Larwood
10. Sydney Barnes
11. Charlie Parker

12th Man:

bomberboy0618

i hate you, t20s rule!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Hawka

ppl like him have been over looked cos every 1 is doin teams like very very old were my oldest player is from the 1940s  i was considering him until i picked waugh

Alex7089

Yeah they have Hawka, I was as well, but the really really good guys from back then are mostly gone now, so I'm looking a bit more modern, where there is loads of players still available.

Hawka

i wasnt sayin it was bad ive gone more modern cos most of the players i hve picked i have seen footage of them/watched em live or heard greats talk bout them

bomberboy0618

i know who my keeper is, hopefully they both dont get picked!
also two of my picks my pop told me about, they were good when i wikipedia searched them :D