Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Oh hawka went offline just 15 minutes before MTTY made his pick :(

pyronerd

its hawka hear imc at pyros house so il b picking on his account :P

Ray Lindwall

CrowsFan

Miller had already been picked by barlow sorry.
Pick again please

pyronerd

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 08, 2011, 11:11:31 PM
Miller had already been picked by barlow sorry.
Pick again please
yeah i efited the pick on hawkas behalf, he didnt listen to me when i said millar was already picked  ::) :P

CrowsFan

Haha fair enough.
Lindwall is a good choice.
HP now, not sure if he wants me to pick for him or not. I will wait a few minutes to see, then back to you hawka/pyro...

Justin Bieber

I'll get my picks up in the next 5 minutes.

Hang around hawka!!! :).

pyronerd

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 08, 2011, 11:18:05 PM
I'll get my picks up in the next 5 minutes.

Hang around hawka!!! :).
he/i will still be here :P

Justin Bieber

My pick now is probably the greatest Batsman out of South Africa, that's right Graeme Pollock.

Perhaps the finest left-hand batsman the game has ever produced - Donald Bradman certainly thought so, classing only Garry Sobers as his equal among those he saw play. Another deprived of greater exposure by South Africa's isolation, Pollock showed in his 23 Tests what an awesome talent he possessed; his highest score of 274 was for many years the South African Test record. Pollock was an extremely powerful batsman, although his timing was perhaps his most obvious natural asset, and could also bowl effective legspin at times. He scored his maiden first-class century when he was just 16 and then posted his first Test hundred at 19 in Australia.

An average of 60.97 in Test cricket is only second to the great man himself, Donald Bradman. Was also quite a First Class player with over 20,000 First Class runs (At an average of 54.97).

Alex7089

Ah, nice to come back and see we've made some progress :)
Even though my next pick in Border is gone :'(

pyronerd

nice pick HP, he was my next backup pick  ;)

CrowsFan

Would have really liked to get him to compliment my top 3, but knew he wouldn't drop that low for me to pick him.
And your next pick HP?

Justin Bieber

Who the heck is that? I wouldn't even know, but he is John Wisden.

John Wisden was, according to Fuller Pilch the finest allrounder of his day. Although a small man, under 5' 6" in height, he was for many years an excellent fast bowler, very accurate with an easy delivery. In later years although his pace diminished he was still one of the country's leading bowlers. He was a fine batsman with an extremely straight bat, excelling at the `draw' and leg hits.

In 187 First Class matches, Wisden scored with the bat an average of 14.12 while amassing 1109 wickets. What is even better is his bowling average which is at 10.32. Grabbed 111 5 wicket hauls as well as a massive 39 10 wicket hauls. Another great paceman in my lineup :).

Justin Bieber

My Team so far :):

1. Graham Gooch
3. Graeme Pollock
4. Wally Hammond
6. Jaques Kallis
8. Wilfred Rhodes
9. John Wisden

pyronerd

nice pick HP, bowling avg of 10.32 just  :o :o :o

also hawka picks gorden greenidge

MTTY

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 08, 2011, 11:33:57 PM
My Team so far :):

1. Graham Gooch
3. Graeme Pollock
4. Wally Hammond
6. Jaques Kallis
8. Wilfred Rhodes
9. John Wisden

Kallis showed even more a few nights ago why is one of the great all rounders by scoring a century while injured