Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Yeah I think I must have accidentally navigated away from the page before the edit registered. Fixed now.

pyronerd

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 08, 2011, 12:20:34 AM
Yeah I think I must have accidentally navigated away from the page before the edit registered. Fixed now.
no prob alex thanks  ;D now i know where we're at  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on January 07, 2011, 04:13:49 PM
(.... I'm open for bribes)
A free topic made for just you enough? :P.

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 07, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
On behalf of HP he picks:
Opening batsmen Graham Gooch, and spinner/all rounder Wilfred Rhodes.
Thanks CF. Gutted I couldn't get Lohmann :'(.

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on January 07, 2011, 08:22:26 PM
flower I wanted Gooch with my next pick lol >.>

Rhodes is a good pick, greatest wicket taker in FC history with 4200 or so, but did play nearly twice as much as Tich Freeman or only 500 more wickets. :P
He was my Opener I wanted and I got him :D. Rhodes was alright and the second bowler I wanted (behind Lohmann). Still pretty darn good don't you say ;).

8-6 Suited

Yeah you did pretty well I must say.

Justin Bieber

Thanks Shaggy. Not a cricket nut like most of you but I try my best :P.

Saw this article posted in teh FTP boards (Garage): http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/495719.html

I think picking Kallis early wasn't all bad :P.

Barlow 21

I have found a #3 who has surprisingly not been picked up yet!
I have decided to choose the great Everton Weekes.

Career Statistics
Competition    Tests    First-class
Matches    48    152
Runs scored    4,455    12,010
Batting average    58.61    55.34
100s/50s    15/19    36/54
Top score    207    304 not out

My Team Now Looks
3. Everton Weekes
4. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Imran Khan
11. Glenn McGrath

CrowsFan

Nice pick Barlow. My 2 picks will be up in a minute

CrowsFan

This person is considered to be England's greatest ever all rounder, and one of the worlds best. He scored 14 test centuries with a top score of 208, and took 383 wickets with his best bowling being 8 for 34. He still holds the record for most number of wickets taken by an Englishmen in test cricket. He was named Wisden cricketer of the year in 1981. I pick

Sir Ian Botham

pyronerd

nice pick CF, i was considering him but i already have Dev so an all-rounder wasnt priority, in fact im a little bit surprised he's been taken this low

CrowsFan

For my next pick I am choosing a man considered to be, along with Wasim Akram, as one of the two greatest left arm fast bowlers in history. He was an opening bowler for Australia and only 2 other players have a greater bowling average than him following the end of WWII. His test bowling average was 20.53 from 44 tests. He was also a very handy attacking lower order batsmen with a very powerful style that would score his runs very quickly. His test batting average was 24.59. Also Wisden cricketer of the year in 1961. I am picking one of the greatest opening bowlers of all time:

Alan Davidson

My lineup now looks like this:
1: Len Hutton
2: Herbert Sutcliffe
3: Don Bradman
4:
5:
6:
7: Ian Botham
8: Alan Davidson
9:
10:
11:
12th Man:

CrowsFan

Quote from: pyronerd on January 08, 2011, 10:32:10 AM
nice pick CF, i was considering him but i already have Dev so an all-rounder wasnt priority, in fact im a little bit surprised he's been taken this low
Thanks pyro. His test bowling average of 28.4 doesn't do justice to how good he actually was, because to take his first 200 test wickets his bowling average was 21.2, which is amazing for an all rounder. But then he sustained a back injury so could not bowl as fast or swing the ball so his average dropped.

HillHero13

im up now yes? coz im about too go..

CrowsFan

No hilly you are not even close.
It goes Barlow, alex, bb, shaggy then you.
Just leave your picks with me since I won't be picking for ages!

Barlow 21

My pick is the great Keith Miller!
Miller made 3,000@37 runs and took 170@22 and is widely regarded as Australias finest ever Allrounder.

My Team
3. Everton Weekes
4. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Keith Miller
8. Imran Khan
11. Glenn McGrath

CrowsFan

Nice pick barlow. To be honest I had been considering him, but decided to go for Davidson since he was a great opening bowler