Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

I have 1 who I don't reckon will attract a lot of attention so I'm getting my opener then another fast bowler (perhaps a spinner) then I'll get him :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 06, 2011, 01:53:05 AM
I have 1 who I don't reckon will attract a lot of attention so I'm getting my opener then another fast bowler (perhaps a spinner) then I'll get him :P
Better not be my opener :'(.

Hawka

gona to get of the computer soon butttt gona do some study
got bout 7 cricket stats books/player profile book s to look  ;D

CrowsFan

Well it's not going to be your pick in for a very long time hawka so fair enough.
I don't want to get off just in case barlow comes on and makes his pick.
I will send him a message so that when he comes on he knows it is his turn

CrowsFan

Turns out he is on now.
Hopefully he picks soon :D

Hawka

cf il b on my fone on the couch :P so i can pic there of needs b

Barlow 21

Can I see who everyone has picked?

pyronerd

Alex7089

Barlow 21

pyronerd

Quote from: Barlow 21 on January 06, 2011, 11:35:33 AM
Okay my pick is Imran Khan
there goes one of the guys i wanted  ::) wasnt my next pick though  :P

8-6 Suited

Good pick. Didn't think about the Pakistani legend.

Barlow 21

My lineup

4. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Imran Khan

Alex7089

Nice pick Barlow ;)
Now CF double pick.

CrowsFan

My next pick was an opening batsmen for England. He played 54 test matches scoring 4,555 runs at an average of 60.73. In first class cricket he scored over 50,000 runs including 151 centuries. He formed a formidable opening partnership with Jack Hobbs for England during the 20's. My next pick is:

Herbert Sutcliffe

For my third pick I was going to pick a bowler, but decided I would pick my second opening batsmen, so I could get my top 3 out of the way.
This guy is another English player, who has been named Wisdon cricketer of the year twice, and described as one of the greatest batsmen to ever play the game. He was also knighted in 1956 for his contributions to cricket. He became captain of England in 1951 and remained captain until he retired in 1955. He played 79 tests scoring 6971 runs at an average of 56.67, scoring 19 centuries with a top score of 364 runs, which was the highest individual score for almost 20 years. I pick:

Sir Len Hutton

So this is my team so far:

1: Hutton
2: Sutcliffe
3: Bradman
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10: