Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

I'd be happy for hawka to take his pick.
He is online...

Alex7089

I'd be happy with nothing but victory :p
But I'm unsure whether people will know half the players I have in mind XD

pyronerd

hawka was just taking his pick then but i suspect he may have had a computer crash, i was talking to him on msn but he logged out with no notice

Alex7089

Hawka

yer my internet conked out for the 3rd time 2day  ??? any way

my pick is
brian lara
he is proably the 3rd best batsmen of all time theres no dening that and at his peak lara was better then tendulkar

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 05, 2011, 08:30:08 PM
I'd be happy with nothing but victory :p
But I'm unsure whether people will know half the players I have in mind XD
Funny enough, half of my shortlisted players were playing long before I was even born ;D.

Nice hawka. My 2 picks will be up shortly.

Alex7089

Yeah I don't think you can argue about that. Even to this day people say he was able to adjust to the field better than anyone. Great player, was my 11th priority :p

Justin Bieber

First pick was an obvious one for me once Hobbs was gone.

Regarded as one of the Finest Batsman ever to play the game, Walter "Wally" Reginald Hammond. He has scored 7249 runs in 85 Test matches, well known for his athletic ability and one of the best Slip fielders ever.

The judgment of cricket history is that the greatest batsmen the game has known are - in order of appearance, only - WG Grace, Jack Hobbs, Walter Hammond and Don Bradman. Others may come close indeed to those four but do not quite take place with them.

Alex7089

Yeah very nice pick HP.

I didn't think of him for an early pick but he was my 5th priority. I didn't actually think he'd slip that low though :p

CrowsFan

Very nice pick HP.
Going for a bowler with your next pick?

Alex7089

I reckon he will :p
I have decided I will assuming my man is still there. I can pick my batsman like 4 picks later anyway :p

8-6 Suited

flower... One person I overlooked.

Justin Bieber

It was a tough decision but have decided on choosing Jacques Henry Kallis. He is the 5th highest run scorer ever and averages a solid 56.41 in 144 Tests. Add to that, 270 wickets, makes for one of the Best All rounders ever.

I would say he just edges ahead of my other top priority who probably won't last much longer.

Alex7089

Yee my bowler & batsman remain :p
It is hawkas pick again now.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 05, 2011, 08:39:45 PM
Very nice pick HP.
Going for a bowler with your next pick?
Close but I have a bunch of them shortlisted. All rounder for me.

I'll add Hammond at 4 and Kallis at 6. Saying that, I have no clue where they normally play so can I change later?