Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Alex7089

Not many more Pyro, if any.
I'm just wondering if the draft king, Shaggy, will want to have a go. I will reserve a spot for him other than that, no more teams.

Seeing as it's all time I think there is room to have 8.

pyronerd

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 05, 2011, 05:38:05 PM
Not many more Pyro, if any.
I'm just wondering if the draft king, Shaggy, will want to have a go. I will reserve a spot for him other than that, no more teams.

Seeing as it's all time I think there is room to have 8.
yeah we'll easily have room for 8, possibly even 10, but any more then that would probably just disadvantage people with less cricket knowledge too much

Barlow 21

Alex7089

We'll see what happens. I'd be open to a couple more I suppose.
yeah definitely no more than 10 because that would take forever & also like you said, those who don't know as much would be heavily disadvantaged, especially in later rounds.

pyronerd

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 05, 2011, 05:44:35 PM
We'll see what happens. I'd be open to a couple more I suppose.
yeah definitely no more than 10 because that would take forever & also like you said, those who don't know as much would be heavily disadvantaged, especially in later rounds.
id rather have 10 quality teams to pick from rather then 4 great ones and another 8 that just arent competitive due to lack of depth, and i dont want it to be footy season by the time we're finished  :P

CrowsFan

Can I confirm will this be picking a test squad or a ODI squad? Because in my opinion you would need to pick very different players. Such as Michael Bevan is one of the greatest ODI players ever, but you wouldn't pick him in a test team

pyronerd

i think we would have to do a test team, as many of the players likely to be picked never played a single one-day match

Alex7089

Yes it is a test team. Because a lot of the people being picked will be before the 70's so won't have played ODI's. As Pyro said.

Alex7089

I am going to assume Shaggy is going to play, if he doesn't want to I'll dimply remove him.

This is the order for the draft, I used a random generator-
1. CrowsFan
2. Barlow21.
3. Alex7089
4. Bomberboy0618
5. Shaggy
6. Hillhero13
7. Pyronerd
8. MTTY
9. Hawka26
10. HP

Haha I have like 10 wiki pages open for first round players I want, I am excited :p

CrowsFan

Wow I am first! Far too much pressure going first haha!
Can't decide if I want to pick the best batsmen or best bowler first...

Justin Bieber

Throw me in then Afev ;). Just to get the 10. I'm fine going last pick ;).

Don't expect miracles though :P.

Alex7089

OK HP....
Dunno where to put you in the draft?

Justin Bieber

Barlow 21