Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Justin Bieber

pyronerd

more specifically, i took him on hawkas behalf  :P

Justin Bieber

As Hayden is gone, might as well go with this old bloke. His name is Bill Woodfull. A 64.99 average in FC games and a 46 average in his Test career.

Regarded as one of the last players selected in the 1926 tour of England, Woodfull scored a double century and century in his first two innings in England to earn his debut in the First Test. He played in each Test, scoring two centuries. Woodfull made eight centuries during the tour and topped the Australian averages and was named one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year.
Not a bad captain either: Woodfull reluctantly became captain in 1930 and his team was derided as the worst Australian squad to tour England. It was the youngest squad to leave Australia, and only four of the fifteen players had prior experience in England, prompting commentators to label the team "Woodfull's kindegarten". After losing the First Test, Woodfull scored a century as Australia levelled the series and they won the Fifth Test to regain the Ashes. Woodfull ended the tour with six first-class centuries.

Sorry for the lo0ng time for the pick. Took a while to make up my mind and also had to do the AFL draft.

Justin Bieber

My Keeper for the team will be...... Rod Marsh. Has the 4th all time leading dismals for a Test Keeper. Not a horrible Batsman either as that's how he got his start!!

Marsh had a controversial start to his Test career, selected on account of his batting abilities. Sections of the media lampooned Marsh’s glovework, dubbing him “Iron Gloves” after sloppy catching in his debut Test. His keeping improved over time and by the end of his career he was regarded as one of the finest in the history of the sport. He was widely regarded for his sense of team discipline, in particular after Bill Lawry controversially declared the Australian first innings closed in Fifth Test of the 1970â€"71 series at the MCG with Marsh just eight runs short of a century. Greg Chappell said he was one of only two players he knew who would kill to get into the Australian Test team, the other being Ian Redpath.

pyronerd

was my next keeper after boucher

Justin Bieber

Boucher was my Keeper before him!!!

Team so far:
1. Graham Gooch
2. Bill Woodfull
3. Graeme Pollock
4. Wally Hammond
5. Darren Lehmann
6. Jaques Kallis
7. Rodney Marsh
8. Wilfred Rhodes
9. John Wisden
10. George Dennett

Hawka

Shaun pollock

1.Greendige
2.Hayden
3.Barrington
4.Lara
5.M.Waugh
7.Pollock
8.Benuad
9.Lindwall
10.Ambrose
11.Murali

pyronerd

Justin Bieber

I was looking at him for my last bowling spot!!! ;D. Great minds think alike hawka ;).

Hawka

CrowsFan

Pollock was a great all rounder. Had been seriously considering him and would have picked him if I didn't get botham

Justin Bieber

pyronerd

pyronerd