Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

well wen mtty pick is up mine wil b like 1 min laer lol

MTTY

My pick is K.S. Ranjitsinhji

From wiki
Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji Jadeja, Maharaja Jam Sahib of Nawanagar (10 September 1872 - 2 April 1933) (known as K.S. Ranjitsinhji, Ranji or Smith during his career)[1] was an Indian King and Test cricketer who played for the English cricket team.[2] He also played first-class cricket for Cambridge University, and county cricket for Sussex.

Ranji is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time,[3] Neville Cardus describing him as "the Midsummer night's dream of cricket". Unorthodox in technique and with fast reactions, he brought a new style to batting and revolutionised the game. Previously batsmen generally pushed forward; Ranji took advantage of the improving pitches of the time and relied on a back and across defensive stroke and played elegant strokes off the back foot in attack. He had a strong late cut and is noted for his popularisation or invention of the leg glance. The first-class cricket tournament in India, the Ranji Trophy, was named in his honour and inaugurated in 1935 by the Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala.

Outside cricket, Ranji became Maharaja Jam Sahib of Nawanagar in 1907; was Chancellor of the Indian Chamber of Princes; and represented India at the League of Nations. His official title was Colonel H. H. Shri Sir Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji, Jam Sahib of Nawanagar, GCSI, GBE. His nephew Duleepsinhji achieved similar fame as a batsman playing first-class cricket in England and for the English cricket team.[1]

Competition Test FC
Matches 15 307
Runs scored 989 24692
Batting average 44.95 56.37
100s/50s 2/6 72/109
Top score 175 285*

Hawka

My picks is

Richie Benaud:wat a legend at cricket and commentating he will bat at 8 for me and he avrged closer to 40 in FC with the bat so no thug there and was was of australias greatest spinners.... surpisred he slipped so far

MTTY

My line-up is now
1.Sunil Gavaskar
3.Javed Miandad
4.Clyde Walcott
5.K.S. Ranjitsinhji
7.Thomas Godfrey Evans
8.Sir Richard Hadlee
10.George Lohmann

Hawka

1.Greenidge
3.Barrington
4.Lara
8.Benaud
9.Lindwall
10.Ambrose
11.Murali

CrowsFan

Had been considering Benaud as my all rounder but went with Botham and Davidson instead.
Then picked Wardle as my spinner. He had been my back up for a few positions.
Nice pick hawka ;)

Hawka

not sure were he will go 7 or 8 depends if i wana go for an AR at 6 (but my first 2 choices are gone or bat my wk at 6 and richie at 7 and get another pacer

CrowsFan

Yeah you have some flexibility with Benaud in there

Justin Bieber

Picks will be up shortly. Still with keyboard issues. No write up, will do when I get a new keyoard later.

pyronerd

ok thats fine HP, i have hawkas next pick as he is not on anymore

CrowsFan

I only have 1 player left for shaggy. Hopefully no one picks him or else we will have to wait for him to come back...

Justin Bieber

George Dennett - Spinner.
Darren Lehmann - Awesome First-Class record.

Writeups will be done later.

TEAM:
1. Graham Gooch
3. Graeme Pollock
4. Wally Hammond
5. Darren Lehmann
6. Jaques Kallis
8. Wilfred Rhodes
9. John Wisden
10. George Dennett

CrowsFan

Hmm Lehmann is a bit of an odd choice in my mind, same with Dennett considering he never played for England...

Justin Bieber

Cosidered the best player ever to play for England ;). Lehmann is a gun FC batsman though.

Left field but fit the lineup.

pyronerd

ok hawkas next pick will be matthew hayden