Main Menu

Cricket Draft - All Time!

Started by Alex7089, January 05, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Alright MTTY now, then you pyro :)
Moving along quickly again! ;D

With your pick HP you need to remember that back then it was very much a bowlers game. What you should also mention is he created the wisden rating system ;)

MTTY

Ok guys here is my Wicket-Keeper

Thomas Godfrey Evans

From Wiki
Thomas Godfrey Evans CBE (18 August 1920 â€" 3 May 1999) was an English cricketer who played for Kent and England.

Described by Wisden as 'arguably the best wicket-keeper the game has ever seen', Evans collected 219 dismissals in 91 Test match appearances between 1946 and 1959 and a total of 1066 in all first-class matches. En route he was the first wicket keeper to reach 200 Test dismissals and the first Englishman to reach both 1000 runs and 100 dismissals and 2000 runs and 200 dismissals in Test cricket. He was a Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1951.

Competition Test First-class
Matches 91 465
Runs scored 2,439 14,882
Batting average 20.49 21.22
100s/50s 2/8 7/62
Top score 104 144
Balls bowled 0 287
Wickets â€" 2
Bowling average â€" 122.50
5 wickets in innings â€" â€"
10 wickets in match â€" â€"
Best bowling â€" 2/50
Catches/stumpings 173/46 816/250

MTTY

That makes my line-up
1.Sunil Gavaskar
3.Javed Miandad
4.Clyde Walcott
7.Thomas Godfrey Evans(WK)
8.Sir Richard Hadlee
10.George Lohmann

CrowsFan

Nice pick MTTY :)
There goes another great keeper!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 08, 2011, 11:37:40 PM
Alright MTTY now, then you pyro :)
Moving along quickly again! ;D

With your pick HP you need to remember that back then it was very much a bowlers game. What you should also mention is he created the wisden rating system ;)
Sssshhhhhh ;). Yeah that too. But I think that's a given ::). If anybody did research for this they would of come across it at some stage ;).

Not bad guys :). I'm off. Cya guys tommorrow night.

MTTY

pyronerd

woop my pick  ;D

i pick barry richards, one of the most wasted talents ever to play international cricket, played only 4 tests (all against australia with an avg of 72.57) but made over 28000 first class runs, and will open for me

CrowsFan

A great player, shame about all that stupid South African stuff!

CrowsFan

Don't think hilly is going to be on till tomorrow unfortunately :(

pyronerd

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 08, 2011, 11:49:10 PM
A great player, shame about all that stupid South African stuff!
agreed, a shame for the great players who had they're careers cut, such as pollock, richards and i can't think of any others off the top of my head  ::)

Alex7089

54 picks down! Nice to see things moving along quickly again :D

CrowsFan

Come on hilly.
Always seems like we are waiting for you!! :P

HillHero13

Barlow 21

CrowsFan

Ok shaggy was going to pick Gorgon Greenidge with his next pick, but he was chosen so his pick instead is Patsy Hendren.
Hendren has scored the third highest number of first class runs in history and is second only to Hobbs for most number of first class centuries.
BB up now