Main Menu

Cash in the bank

Started by Chopps, January 05, 2011, 09:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Traditionally 20-40k means you have spent rather wisely.

Anymore left over and you're leaving yourself a premium short and will have to burn a trade at some stage to make it up.

Anyless left over and you probably don't have your balance right meaning you've paid too much for the wrong premium or missed the positional rookie you should've had.

This year is a little different and I can see teams that go for some consistency rather than the big rewards will feature at the pointy end.
The value in the mid priced Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne teams because of their two byes in the non-playing rounds is not to be understated and also the likelyhood of the Dockers again blooding some raw talent with the same bye scenario.

Teams that go for this mid-priced consistent type of strategy will have money left over around 80-100k.

bomberboy0618

Wise as always :)
I think it depends on the strategy u use though.

Fletch74

Roost makes a valid point. This season is different to the past. With the leagues starting in round 1 and with byes this year, the strategy might have to be changed.

I still think $200k is over the top, but maybe stretching that 20-40k to 70-80k is worth a thought....

elephants

i have gone down from 220k to 18 k :)

bomberboy0618

elephants

hmmmmmmm but i have continually changed it :( BB could you have a look? its under rate my DT ;D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: elephants on January 07, 2011, 03:38:27 PM
hmmmmmmm but i have continually changed it :( BB could you have a look? its under rate my DT ;D
yeah dont expect anything intelligent, i dont know bout dt so it will be from a sc point of view  ;D

elephants

oh hahah no worries,

must be similar to me doing the odd post in the sc boards and everyone going
what?!?

Barlow 21

Premium quality from Roost again. Over 100 and you could upgrade a mid-pricer to a premium easily.

elephants

i have 6 k now hmmmmm haha

Chopps

currently tracking at 48 i guess if prices differ then you got room to move

nas

Quote from: Chopps on January 08, 2011, 11:37:22 AM
currently tracking at 48 i guess if prices differ then you got room to move

At last correct so then the side as you have with $48k if you are happy would be pretty well set then as unlike others who have a low figure will be doing some swapping n changing. I have the $30k for the same reason. Of course things do happen & changes do occur.

crumpetjack

I've tried both strategies in the past, certainly back up that spend as much as can, do not save for the sake of saving (or any other reason!)

I tried a team with $1mil cash and heap of players lined up to be cashed in and upgraded. Obviously heaps of trades get wasted but more importantly, it doesn't actually help your side or make it more valuable down the track. Compared to a full strength side from the getgo, it still ended valued less at the end and crap overall ranking because of sacrifice at the start.

Holz

i try and reduce the balance to zero. If i have 20-40k left over i try an upgrade one of my rookies to a more expensive one. eg i changed Wallis into atley.

Chopps

Quote from: Holzman on January 16, 2011, 05:53:01 PM
i try and reduce the balance to zero. If i have 20-40k left over i try an upgrade one of my rookies to a more expensive one. eg i changed Wallis into atley.

this was my initial thought as i would be maximizing all my cash to points, its what i have done that past two years and my trades were always for the player i could best afford.

why then are people suggesting 20-40? is it for more room on the first trade ? considering i havent used fan planner in the past was thinking if prices change .