Started by elephants, January 05, 2011, 01:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

YeAh I think dandi is very pricey so hopefully he drops a bit ;D

elephants

McRooster

Quote from: elephants on January 06, 2011, 12:55:21 AM
YeAh I think dandi is very pricey so hopefully he drops a bit ;D
Yeah but so is Goddard and Swan, why start your ruck without the best available?

Chopps

so you can save 60 to 80 grand and turn a ok midfielder into a gun like boyd

McRooster

Good point Chopper but what if you already have Swan, Boyd and Goddard  ;)

Chopps

for me it was sandi and sidebottom or jolly and didak

McRooster

Quote from: Chopps on January 06, 2011, 11:42:19 AM
Sandi and Sidey then as the Jolly/Didak combo apart from being two Pies may not have the argumentative weight behind it due to Didak's little op and Jolly's slide in goal kicking.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: McRooster on January 06, 2011, 11:46:01 AM
Quote from: Chopps on January 06, 2011, 11:42:19 AM
Sandi and Sidey then as the Jolly/Didak combo apart from being two Pies may not have the argumentative weight behind it due to Didak's little op and Jolly's slide in goal kicking.
agreed id rather sidebum and sandi... dont sleep on the sidesum could breakout

Chopps

hmm might have me convinced already that makes my rucks Sandi/cox

didak had shoulder surgery yea? jolly not kicking as many goals as he was? didn't have either player last year

maanco

McRooster

Quote from: maanco on January 06, 2011, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: McRooster on January 06, 2011, 11:46:01 AMJolly's slide in goal kicking.
what do you mean by that?
Collingwoods forward clamp was in it's formative year and I believe one way that Collingwood will continue it successfully is if it allows more space forward for it's developing big men, Cloke, Dawes and the latter season success of Brown . This will mean that Jolly (although not a big goal scorer) will get less TOG forward and have less opportunity to score.
With the new sub rule and the fact he had a 6 point drop from 2009 on average (due to change in club game role)I can't see him scoring enough goals to keep his score elevated to anywhere near Sandi.

elephants

i am fine to stick with cox and fraser with a round 8 fraser ------> sandi trade.

i am hoping that mzungu is a forward/mid even though it is unlikely :)