Main Menu

Photographs/Photography

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 05, 2011, 01:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Marcz on February 08, 2012, 02:56:52 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 08, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: Marcz on February 08, 2012, 12:28:22 PM
make sure use a tripod and remote mate, if u dont have a remote use the timer setting, atleast 5 seconds to avoid camera shake as even pressing the button gently effects the image when u look at it closely ;)

Do u have facebook Grazz? if so u can contact him thru www.facebook.com/Pezpix if u dont il let him know ur interested ;)

Have the tripod, no remote but may purchase one or as you said use the self timer. Did some years ago on film, appeture settings i'll vary and just mix it all up a bit. Thats the beauty of Digital you can suss out the shot straightaway make changes as your going.
Any tips with camera set up ie settings would be appreciated mate.
if u dont have 1 buy urself a "polarizing filter" for ur widest/landscape lens, it will help with the effects aswell as keep ur actual lens scratch free... as u know everything is subject to conditions but i usually go with an aperature between F14 and F22 low iso and dependent upon how fast the water is moving and the effect that looks best for it between 1/4 of a second to 1.3seconds... when shooting waves or inconsistent speeds/power u get a full experience of how all the differences look and suit the scape ur shooting...
example with the biggest wave shot ive got above, imo that water is a fraction too whispy (shutter open too long) bcos i had it dialed in for a slightly smaller wave, what im after is a bit of magic i want the wave to be whispy in a spot where it impacts, but slightly sharper in its other areas or still has a visible structure... il post an example for ya ;)

Cheers mate, i have a polarising filter already for when we're in the boat so i'll use that. Thansk for the tips.

RiOtChEsS

an oldy i dug up during backups

Ziplock

The F.A.R.K.

Here is one I took of my kids when they were young

trolololol

Ziplock

haha, I get it, they're not your kids!

are you the one in the red hat? :/

The F.A.R.K.

The picture doesnt quite do it justice because it isnt big enough but the kid in the red hat has pissed his pants

Ziplock

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 11, 2012, 12:48:55 PM
The picture doesnt quite do it justice because it isnt big enough but the kid in the red hat has pissed his pants

so...

you?

The F.A.R.K.

hahaha nah I thought i was on the left and you were on the right

i dont even know who these people are just now the kid pissed his pants, found it on google hahaha

RiOtChEsS

here is that example i was talking about Grazz, has the whispy effect aswell as the structure of the wave hitting the shore...

unedited f18 1/2second iso100 @35mm

Doyle

Quote from: Marcz on February 18, 2012, 03:06:43 PM

here is that example i was talking about Grazz, has the whispy effect aswell as the structure of the wave hitting the shore...

unedited f18 1/2second iso100 @35mm

That's bloody brilliant, did you take that???!! :o :o

Grazz

Yeh that would look better in AlohaFriday i agree, nice shot mate.

RiOtChEsS

sure did Doyle cheers mate ;)

that was from an afternoon hunt for new spots, was always gonna head back and try nail it in its prime... had a couple of trips back there but im still not 100% satisfied yet so il keep on keepin at it until i get that nugget. this one here would probably be the best of my shots so far from the same shelf...

this one is a bit of a vision i had while shooting this at the same shelf with a mate, the way it looked thru my viewfinder wasnt how it translates into a file but while composing it i had the idea of making it into a surreal/edgey fantasy piece in post production to surprise him as he didnt click to me shooting him at that time.

post up some of ur results in here when u hava crack at that stream mate would love to see some of ur work 8) 

Grazz

RiOtChEsS

donuts can buy u anything ;D

RiOtChEsS

Caught Up With Ole Mate McRooster tonight, reminded me of my absence of late from FF...

recent shot from Wednesday last week...

Thursday...

Finally Friday...