Main Menu

Photographs/Photography

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 05, 2011, 01:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Are those rhinos real, they look like statues--and hungry ones at that.Great shots CF,looks like u had a ball

CrowsFan

Yeah I love that shot too marcz. It was so amazing up there and was wandering around when the sun was starting to set so got that glow coming off the top.

Haha yeah dudge the rhinos are real. Don't know if they were hungry or just confused as to why 2 elephants with people on top were chasing them through the jungle :D

RiOtChEsS

been bananas at work so ive been head down bum up but...

i just found this and it is flowering insane even if u arent a photography nut, anyone could havfun with this http://vimeo.com/19819283...

CrowsFan

Wow that is pretty damn cool!

My Chumps

Just saw this thread now, fantastic shots CF!
That one of the bridge is insane  :o
Parahawking looks like mad fun too  8)  :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 28, 2012, 02:43:47 AM
Wow that is pretty damn cool!
ino ive got some photo buds who r gonna try hire one :o retail for around $118,000 to own one :o :o

had my first day off in months yesterday, biggest summer on record for the shop... was good to relax weather was bad in VH so i started digging thru some old folders and realized ive been so lazy in the editing department, basically ive been shooting, uploading, picking out 5-10 shots for editing and then backing up and not returning :-[

these r a year old, i dusted em off yesterday...

Grazz

Both are great shots mate but luv the 1st one. Golf Clap For You and a cheer. 

RiOtChEsS

RiOtChEsS

had to share this one and the write up on it from one of my pro photog buddy from facebook...

Bryan Pezman

A L O H A F R I D A Y

"Braddah Iz"

I am very humbled to present an image that took several years and multiple tries to capture the way I envisioned it in my mind ever since discovering this location on Kauai a few years ago.

This particular morning capture was the culmination of much planning & it could not have been executed without the help of several friends who lent me both their time and energy in helping create this capture. Thank you so much to my friend Mark Shutt for taking time out of your morning for our mission. Thanks to Bethany Hamilton for lending your brother the truck to drive down that trecherous road, thanks to Timothy Hamilton & Pypyr Lluellen for helping discover this spot and keep me company and to my cousin Lisa Garcia for putting up with my nagging and obsessing on achieving this goal. My heart is content!

Have a great weekend all!~
~B

www.facebook.com/Pezpix

Grazz

Brilliant Marcz, wouldnt mind that on my wall. Well done.

RiOtChEsS

monday i did my first dawny this year, thought id lay out some aesthetics of the shoot...

got a little hairy :P

Grazz

I bet depending on the Lens, you could of been thinking there goes a few grand with the tide. Got me motivated to do some time lapse stuff Marcz, some of the Trout streams that me and my son fish would be good, had a bit of rain lately as you would know. If anything works out i'll post it.

PS. i am keen on getting ALOHAFRIDAY, can you PM me regarding how, cheers mate. Pezpix can take some great shots cant he.

RiOtChEsS

make sure use a tripod and remote mate, if u dont have a remote use the timer setting, atleast 5 seconds to avoid camera shake as even pressing the button gently effects the image when u look at it closely ;)

Do u have facebook Grazz? if so u can contact him thru www.facebook.com/Pezpix if u dont il let him know ur interested ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Marcz on February 08, 2012, 12:28:22 PM
make sure use a tripod and remote mate, if u dont have a remote use the timer setting, atleast 5 seconds to avoid camera shake as even pressing the button gently effects the image when u look at it closely ;)

Do u have facebook Grazz? if so u can contact him thru www.facebook.com/Pezpix if u dont il let him know ur interested ;)

Have the tripod, no remote but may purchase one or as you said use the self timer. Did some years ago on film, appeture settings i'll vary and just mix it all up a bit. Thats the beauty of Digital you can suss out the shot straightaway make changes as your going.
Any tips with camera set up ie settings would be appreciated mate.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Grazz on February 08, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: Marcz on February 08, 2012, 12:28:22 PM

Have the tripod, no remote but may purchase one or as you said use the self timer. Did some years ago on film, appeture settings i'll vary and just mix it all up a bit. Thats the beauty of Digital you can suss out the shot straightaway make changes as your going.
Any tips with camera set up ie settings would be appreciated mate.
if u dont have 1 buy urself a "polarizing filter" for ur widest/landscape lens, it will help with the effects aswell as keep ur actual lens scratch free... as u know everything is subject to conditions but i usually go with an aperature between F14 and F22 low iso and dependent upon how fast the water is moving and the effect that looks best for it between 1/4 of a second to 1.3seconds... when shooting waves or inconsistent speeds/power u get a full experience of how all the differences look and suit the scape ur shooting...
example with the biggest wave shot ive got above, imo that water is a fraction too whispy (shutter open too long) bcos i had it dialed in for a slightly smaller wave, what im after is a bit of magic i want the wave to be whispy in a spot where it impacts, but slightly sharper in its other areas or still has a visible structure... il post an example for ya ;)