Main Menu

Photographs/Photography

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 05, 2011, 01:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Just saw this post. Anyone got some advice on Canon lenses?  I've got a DSLR and looking at getting some new lenses.  I've been told there is a really good one for around the $150 mark (no zoom) just takes really solid pictures.  Also seen a lense for long range that's in the $170 ball park.  Both are made from plastic hence the low prices, but from reviews they sound pretty solid.  Anyone used these before?

TomK

Damn, they're some good photos

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2015, 04:23:59 PM
Just saw this post. Anyone got some advice on Canon lenses?  I've got a DSLR and looking at getting some new lenses.  I've been told there is a really good one for around the $150 mark (no zoom) just takes really solid pictures.  Also seen a lense for long range that's in the $170 ball park.  Both are made from plastic hence the low prices, but from reviews they sound pretty solid.  Anyone used these before?

If ever the phrase "you get what you pay for" applies it's probably with camera lenses mate.

jvalles69

Quote from: Grazz on May 27, 2015, 05:29:24 PM

If ever the phrase "you get what you pay for" applies it's probably with camera lenses mate.

Really?  I've had a few photographers say the $150 is awesome, a couple of reviews say it's light and plasticy, but maybe 1 out of 10.  I'll do a bit more investigating anyway.

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2015, 05:31:56 PM

Really?  I've had a few photographers say the $150 is awesome, a couple of reviews say it's light and plasticy, but maybe 1 out of 10.  I'll do a bit more investigating anyway.

First hand information is always best from those using them, let us know how they go/post some shots if you go with them.

jvalles69

Quote from: Grazz on May 27, 2015, 05:41:02 PM

First hand information is always best from those using them, let us know how they go/post some shots if you go with them.

I'll prob get the $150 one and see how it goes, until I want something with further reach.

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2015, 05:51:12 PM
Quote from: Grazz on May 27, 2015, 05:41:02 PM

I'll prob get the $150 one and see how it goes, until I want something with further reach.

Cheap enough to have a crack at if you've got some good feedback, interested to see how it goes.

Mr.Craig

Tonight's effort...

Toga

flowering sweet Craigy! Is that a quarry or something?

Mr.Craig

Nah, that's the local conservation park. ;)

Also, thanks.

Toga

Love it! How'd you get the foreground so light but capture the stars? Just a really clear night?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Toga on June 06, 2015, 01:45:17 AM
Love it! How'd you get the foreground so light but capture the stars? Just a really clear night?

The moon came up for the last 20 or so shots which helped. I also used my torch in the last shot.

Toga

Thanks for the insight Craigy. Very creative :)

Mr.Craig

Grazz