Main Menu

Photographs/Photography

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 05, 2011, 01:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on July 26, 2014, 12:05:02 AM
Quote from: tor01doc on July 17, 2014, 11:53:32 AM
As a father who has just bought his daughter a Nikon something for a decent wad of cash, I am loving these shots.

Would it be to hard for you experts to put down a few settings for the trickier manual type shots?

Cheers if you can and only a single cheer if you can't.

Trial and error is the best way imo, take a photo on "auto" mode and note the shutter speed and aperature numbers, switch the camera to "manual" mode and using those numbers as a starting point, manipulate shutter speed, aperature, iso, white balance by small increments, take the same photo repeatedly with different settings each time, it will help her understand her camera' potential and develop her photographic eye

Yeh good advice, you learn quickly what settings will do under varying conditions.
Writing the shot settings down is handy.

Mr.Craig

Just took possession of my new pride and joy.

Mr.Craig

First couple of attempts at star trail photography. First image is a stack which I had to abort due to clouds and the second one is a 32 minute exposure. Will try to have another go soon and do a better job.

Mr.Craig

Another attempt at star trails. 201 exposures at 30 seconds. Had to delete 2 frames because a plane flew through.

tor01doc

The best thing about those images Mr C, is that they make me realise how insignificant I really am.

The universe rocks.

Mr.Craig

Just spent an evening shivering down at the local conservation park creating this image. It's not perfect so I'll have another go eventually but I like the framing.

Jackross10

Someone posted this in the Coaches thread but I thought I would post here. This is crazy. Awesome

http://m.imgur.com/a/wlGMH

Would not do.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Jackross10 on August 07, 2014, 05:08:33 PM
Someone posted this in the Coaches thread but I thought I would post here. This is crazy. Awesome

http://m.imgur.com/a/wlGMH

Would not do.

That was me. The person who posted it that is, not the crazy Russian.

This just freaks me out...

Mr.Craig

Torp

Ringo

Great shot of the super moon MrC

Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

My first ever Milky Way shot.  :)

Ringo

Great shots the Mr C Well done.

Grazz

Nice work Mr C. Great camera to that one.