Main Menu

Photographs/Photography

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 05, 2011, 01:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Into photgraphy? if u have snapped a funny shot or have seen one not yours floating around on the net or u feel is worth sharing this is the spot to do it.
Its been a passion of mine for about 5years now and i love how images can stimulate conversations so i thought id start a thread to see if it would take off...

This a photo of mine of The Sir Donald Bradman Statue in the gardens surrounding the Adelaide Oval.

Alex7089

That is very good Marcz :) Is that building actually in line with the statue or did you use layering?

RiOtChEsS

thanks Alex :) its as shot besides putting my name on it and minor contrast adjustment... St Peters Cathedral i believe r the buildings in the background i shot the image with a 45-150mm lens so i wasnt as close as it seems and also why i was able to get the massive depth of field F18 4seconds ISO 100 if u no ur manual settings ;)

MajorLazer

I don't think I understood one word of that. :P

roo boys!

Me neither :P But it looks good!

McRooster

Fantastic Marcz  8)

St Peters is right mate and across the road from that was where my daughter was born the day before Port won the flag in 2004. The doc was a Power fan and booked us in just to make sure she/he didn't want to come out on GF day  :)
Also across from that is the Cathedral Hotel where I spent my 21st  ::)

Here is a photo I took of rnd 18 Carlton v Collingwood at the MCG, not as stylish as your fine work but what a day!

roo boys!

I can pinpoint exactly where I was sitting on Boxing Day ;D would be almost right behind the goals at the great Southern Stand end.

I also like the look the guy in the bottom left Is giving the camera :P

McRooster

That's my mate, and the guy two up from him looking towards me with the red cap and sunnies is also one of the touring party.
My mate actually bought that Aussie Cricket cap from the MCG shop that day.
It was a big weekend and even before I left Adelaide airport I was a very thirsty Rooster  :D

BoredSaint

roo boys!

Quote from: McRooster on January 05, 2011, 10:06:51 AM
That's my mate, and the guy two up from him looking towards me with the red cap and sunnies is also one of the touring party.
My mate actually bought that Aussie Cricket cap from the MCG shop that day.
It was a big weekend and even before I left Adelaide airport I was a very thirsty Rooster  :D

Haha interesting time to buy a cricket cap, in the middle of footy season :P lol

Nice pic :D

RiOtChEsS

:o wow nice Mc i havent been to the G since i was 9 and Blues Pies match very envious... although i dont think we were competitive against them at all last year :'( must get back soon tho im hoping to go to a Bombers Blues game with one of my uncles who is a Bomber supporter its on the bucket list anyway :) not sure that beer is big enuf for lil Mc he looks thirsty :P im sure ur daughter was even more adament than he not to come out that day ;)

McRooster

RB he was one of two Power supporters amongst us and a big cricket fan (we had 3 Crow, one Carlton and 2 Power) -Port had the only win that weekend back in Adelaide against the Hawks  :'(
Marcz unfortunately for you and one of our guys, you weren't competitive on the day. Didak's goal from 60 we had a great line behind it, couldn't believe it.
I've just been searching through Priscilla's folders for our favourite shot taken at Newman Ranges up in the Pilbara, WA - here it us  ;)

See Australia people, there's alot of it out there  ;)

RiOtChEsS

that is a beauty Mc  the colors and contours r unbelievable ive seen a few images of that area before and it is amazing to say the least i definitely want to go there someday did it take u long to get to this spot and was it a tour?

i have several secluded little spots of coast i frequent that r ancient in feel and give me an amazing sense of mortality when i go...

this is one in particular the first time i went there i felt some sort of strange connection as if it wasnt the first time at all i had been there... i still go back atleast once a year for some peace and rejuvenation :)

McRooster

Stunning Marcz, very deep.

With Mother and Father in law who are grey nomads and have been all over, great tour guides themselves. It took obviously a long time to drive there but was easily accessible, and they say don't look down  :o......

Same spot!

RiOtChEsS

wow :o i like this one better vertigo type point of view and love the elements of sunlight shimmying off parts of the rock... better add this to the bucket list too ;)

this is the same area as the previous shot too just a little more impressive in color :)