Login

Started by Alex7089, January 04, 2011, 03:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

It's driving me mad :( but at least it's stopping me coming on as much lol

pyronerd

thats not the case judging by your time online BOOMZ  ::) :P

Prospector_1

I'm amazed that my problems stopped when I changed browser.

Maybe it's not the browser you use - maybe you just need to change browsers - operative word being "change".

nas

Funny about that as have changed from IE6 > IE8 > Firefox.

Next.  >:(

m0nty

Alright, I think it's starting to happen to me for the first time. This will allow me to try to figure out what the flower is going on.

nas

Quote from: m0nty on February 24, 2011, 10:12:23 AM
Alright, I think it's starting to happen to me for the first time. This will allow me to try to figure out what the flower is going on.

Sorry m0nty >>>but yippee

m0nty

It appears that the problem is most likely spam bot attacks, they keep hitting the login pages and trying to log in as legitimate users, thus timing out your login. There are various fixes, but none of them are easy. I'm probably going to have to upgrade the whole forum software to fix it... which is a humongous pain in the butt because I have to transfer a lot of customisation over to the new system.

ossie85

:( Damn bots

At least the problem is known now, I can easily put up with it if it doesn't get significantly worse, so I wouldn't worry about it too much

Prospector_1

Quote from: m0nty on February 24, 2011, 10:57:48 AM
It appears that the problem is most likely spam bot attacks, they keep hitting the login pages and trying to log in as legitimate users, thus timing out your login.

Nice detective work, m0nty!

nas

Quote from: ossie85 on February 24, 2011, 11:01:20 AM

:( Damn bots

At least the problem is known now, I can easily put up with it if it doesn't get significantly worse, so I wouldn't worry about it too much

Sorry ossie but logging in 20+ is nothing to worry about? oh & daily!!!!

Justin Bieber

Probably not the place to put this but don't want to start a new thread.

I have been trying to log onto the forum the entire day through the link I favourited (main forum page). Only recently I tried logging onto the main page and coming in. Seems to be the only way I can access the forum now. I logged out and refreshed a page before and said there was an error in the page (like what I've had most of the day).

A new thing or a bug m0nty?

Alex7089

Same thing has happened to me, R&B and BOOMZ. We all had the same fix as well, but for me instead of an error it just comes up with a blank page.

Boomz

It came up saying internal error whenever I tried loading the page :-\ but yeah once I logged in on the main site it worked O.o

MajorLazer

Has happened to me as well. Browser is Firefox just in case that has anything to do with it.

Justin Bieber

I use IE so doubt it's browser.