Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

how many starting rookies is too many? currently looking at six quality

two back
three mids
one forward

i feel its probably one too many but not sure

nas

Reckon 6 would be OK. Maybe spread it evenly?

Hawka

pyronerd

Quote from: hawka26 on January 04, 2011, 12:07:34 PM
i have 4 
1 def
3mids
and thats y u cant afford sandi :P

btw i think its a good mixture chopps, i think forward rookies seem to get less games, and are more inconsistent, then mid and def rookies so it makes sense to have less fwd rookies  ;)

Hawka

i can afford him i could change vezeprimi to a rook
oh hang on 2 def
2 mid

sluga

I would be more than happy with having 6 starting rookies and the break up of the positions sounds good.

Holz

i dont think you should start more than 4, obviously no ruck rookies. I cant see any forwards to start as of yet, maybee prestia. 3 mids is the max you should play. and i would only be compfortable starting 1 defender rookie

CuStArDaRm

I think I might not have as many starting rookies this year coz' there is quite a few mid prices who could easily be gold!
Currently I only have 2 starting rookies but Im a little over the 10 mill cap for SC.
I wonder what the caps gonna be? I guess with three extra players it should be 11 mill?

Hawka

Holzman u could consider smith from the hawks to start i reckon

Chopps

these are the ones i am thinking of starting all based on nab cup form if possible

def: Heppel & Jacobs
Mids: Swallow, Gaff & Bennell
Forwards: Prestia
Cant see any reason why they wouldn't be playing specially the three GC's & Gaff

bench cover will be worked out closer to start of the seaason

Wilkopolis

I think six is about right.  I currently have 2/2/2 B/M/F in the Fanplanner and none of those rookies I have picked I believe would be far from a game.

Chopps

Quote from: Holzman on January 04, 2011, 06:02:18 PM
i dont think you should start more than 4, obviously no ruck rookies. I cant see any forwards to start as of yet, maybee prestia. 3 mids is the max you should play. and i would only be compfortable starting 1 defender rookie

i am feeling six is too many, wait and see with prestia as starting forward
3 mid rookies not stressed like it should be solid there

two defense has me worried

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 04, 2011, 07:17:53 PM
I wonder what the caps gonna be? I guess with three extra players it should be 11 mill?
From what I've been hearing, the magic number will be dropped (prices will be lower) and the cap remains the same. But I'm not 100% sure on this.

Quote from: Chopps on January 04, 2011, 12:03:41 PM
how many starting rookies is too many? currently looking at six quality

two back
three mids
one forward

i feel its probably one too many but not sure
Thinking of something similar. Might end up dropping a back rookie and going a 1-3-1. Or even drop another mid rookie and go 1-2-1.

So between 4-6 for me.

Chopps

i guess the next question is if your going less rookies where is the money coming from? more mid pricers?

Justin Bieber

Probably so. Have quite a few who are returning from injuries and are about 100k more than rookies. Got a few everywhere so can cover for not playing rookies on field.