Work in Progress - rate please

Started by Ravalle, January 04, 2011, 12:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are there too many mid priced and not enough premiums??

Yes
No
Maybe
Work it out yourself!

Ravalle

Howdy been playing around with my team.......there is a lot of sameness about alot of teams which cant be helped but anyways here goes....
There are a few I hope different players I hope to set it apart but in a good way!!!

DefGoddard b/c Gibbs b/c Kelly b/c Delidio b/c Otten Jacobs Cripps
Bench: Batchelor (RICH) Hibberd (ESS) Richardson (NM)
MidsSwan, Montagna, A.Swallow, D. Swallow, Gaff, Krakouer
Bench: Heppell b/c Mzungu c/f Atley (NM)
RucksCox, Jolly
Bench: T. McDonald r/f (MELB) Smith (GC)
ForwardsChapman c/f Sylvia c/f N. Riewoldt Sidebottom c/f Knights Petrie r/f Petterd
Bench: Karnezis (BL) Prestia (GC) Tapscott (MELB)

This team leaves me with around 235k in the bank which is the plan but hopefully has enough guns to keep my scores respectable whilst the cows are readying.....
Please rip to shreds if need be there are a few issues I have considered but not sure if I have the balance of premiums, mids and rookies quite right yet

Hawka

there are not many flws

def:mahybe a few to many rookies starting
mid:goin with the same stratergy  as me as 3 prems 3 rookes stariting
ruc:same 2 starting as mine and i reckon this combo is beta then sandi and a midpricer

fwd:im not fully onboard chappy he is a yr older and geelong wont do to well and nice use of mpp in ur team

i rate it 8,5/10

could u rate mine thx :)http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23666.0.html

DT87

I really don't know why you would want to start with so much cash in the bank, but you still have a pretty strong team. All of your midpricers (unless you count Cox, Jolly or Sidebottom as midpricers) are discounted ones who are likely to score above their price, so I think you have the balance right. The main concern in the starting lineup is probably Cripps's job security.

9/10

egosbar

too many rookies in the mids in my opinion , with 3 bench players you have to remember how your going to have enough trades to upgrade them all plus manage injuries

i would add another good high mid in the midfield by spending some of your cash , your rookies should make enough cash i dont generally hold much cash id rather try to get off to a great start and maintain it

st kilda is a hard defence to crack so not sure about cripps unless you have some mail on it

not sure on chapman either im going franklin as he will get up the ground as well and barring suspension should have a stronger body to cope with injury , im trying not to have many premiums that wont play in the finals rounds but if your only going the car and not league games not a worry

i think youlll get left behind early and whether you can claw your way back at the end im not too sure

Justin Bieber

Looks good and don't think you've gone overboard with the mid pricers ;).

Backs are alright. Agree with others on Cripps though, Don't like his chances a whole lot. I'll keep an eye out for some other rookies such as Richardson and Talia. Alot of MPP use but good players 8).

I think a 3 rookie midfield can work this season. With some rookies who look like they can score alot, doesn't faze me. A very strong rookie contingent so believe the team can pull it off. Like the premiums as Joey is great at DT and Swallow looks to improve again.

Rucks are a little risky but have a huge upside to them if they work out ;).

Forwards have the cheap players rather than rookies which I think it pretty good. Forward rookies can be very up and down so not a bad choice with the cheapies available.

235k in the bank is just :o. A bit too much I would say. I can understand 100k but 200k I think is a tad overboard with the savings. With the cash, upgrade a player ;).

elephants

everyone is saying geelong will not do well this year BUT will one player really change that much? sure it will be a lot harder for them to make top four with gablett BUT he doesnt do everything for them. the cats have got class players e.g selwood, chappy, kelly, mackie (depite their ages milburn and scarlett), JIMMY, pods and so on. geelong ARE NOT in my opinion a one man team.

Justin Bieber

I agree. They have a bye during the finals, but if you are going for overall, can't avoid all Cat players. I'll be getting Enright/Kelly and Chappy to say the least. Maybe Selwood but not sure yet.

Quality players will always prevail I agree EL. Only if people stop ignoring that fact :(.

elephants

thanks hp ;)

i am going for overall ranking so i will have kelly and maybe bartel and chappy and selwood too :) i love jimbob :)