DT function - free food, free beer, details here

Started by magpies01, January 03, 2011, 11:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpies01

OK, now that i have your attention, the title was a joke, but i just wanted you guys to rate my DT. ;D ;D ;D

BAC:Goddard (B/C), Gibbs (B/C), Deledio (B/C), Duffield, Adcock, Otten, Heppel (B/C)
INT: Hunt, Grimes, Langford

MID: Swan, Hayes, Bartel, Swallow, Bennell, Gaff
INT: Wallis, Krakeour, McNeill(M/F)

RUC: Sandilands, Jolly
INT: Smith, Daw (F/R)

FWD: Chapman (F/C), Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich (F/C), Varcoe (F/C),
Petrie(R/F), Prestia
INT: Matera, Tapscott, Walsh

Thoughts, guys? ??? ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: magpies01 on January 03, 2011, 11:44:33 PM
OK, now that i have your attention, the title was a joke, but i just wanted you guys to rate my DT. ;D ;D ;D
I'm so utterly disappointed ;).

Backs looks good. Don't know much about Langford and Hunt still looks very raw. Plenty of other back rookies but will always change until lockout round 1. Having 4 MPP backman would make me lean to using 1 of them in the midfield to benefit for the MPP purposes early (easy way is throw Heppell in the midfield somewhere).

Midfield and Rucks look good. Strong names and a 3 rookie midfield should work.

Varcoe a nice unique. Would have to keep an eye on him to make sure he'd get a better run in the midfield. Not sold on Walsh just yet. Would be hard to crack the Saints' team in their premiership window but apparently he is regarded higher from within.

DT87

Having four forwards with Round 6 byes is a serious problem. Since you don't have any other bye clashes with premiums, I suggest you sort that one out ASAP. Otherwise it's a very good team, 8/10.

Chopps

elephants

things that stuck out to me

No mpp link from backs to mids? putting heppel in your mids will solve that

i dont think varcoe will improve on his average enough to warrant yourself a spot in your team

same with bennel he was very easily shut down in the wafl last year

other then that no worries :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on January 08, 2011, 03:48:07 PM
same with bennel he was very easily shut down in the wafl last year
Will he really be tagged with Ablett, Brennan and Riska there? Not to mention Swallow as well ;). I don't feel he will get a tag so could be a good cash cow at least.

elephants

sure, but take a lot of caution because he is a damaging player when not tagged but not a high possesion getter...

McRooster

You don't have enough players from the 'perfect' teams. They are the players from the four sides that have 2 byes during the season inside the 5 non league scoring rounds (Brisbane, Freo, Melb, Sydney).
This is a very strong side but could be made stronger by including Mzungu (likely to be listed back/ctr not fwd/ctr as is currently the case) down back and moving Heppell to your mid - or leave Heppell there, either way you can lose one of those bench mids (IMO take out Wallis).
With so many GC untried players too, why not lose one of them for the MPP of Talia in your bench fwd for say Matera?
Make those changes and it goes from 7.5/10 to 8.5/10  :)

Flexibility and the spread of teams will reap most rewards.

Coopers Clear is the preferred refreshment - thanks  ;)