Check this out

Started by Junktimer, January 03, 2011, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

My new fanplanner team.  Some opinions would be great and I would be happy to return the favour on your team.

DEF: Bryce Gibbs (M), James Kelly (M), Sam Gilbert (F), Brett Deledio (M), Greg Broughton, Cameron Richardson, Josh Toy
EMG: Michael Hibberd, Michael Coad, Blayne Wilson

MID: Dane Swan, Paul Chapman (F), Brendon Goddard (B), Dyson Heppell (B), Tendai Mzungu (F), Andrew Krakouer
EMG: Sam Blease, Josh Green, Ian Callinan (F)

RUCK: Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox
EMG: Zac Smith, Josh Jenkins

FWD: Lance Franklin, Alan Didak (M), Brad Green (M), Colin Sylvia (M), Dale Thomas (M), Nick Riewoldt, Jack Darling
EMG: Andrew Hooper, Brandon Matera, Daniel Talia (B)

Rate away.

MURRIMAGIC

JT, what's interesting to me is you have no mid-priced players, allowing you to have 16 premiums and the rest are rookies.

Could be a very good tactic?

Junktimer

ding ding, you got it.

no mid pricers, premium rookie combo, managed to fit in 16  8)

valkorum

Not sure if A Krakouer will get many games at the pies.  I went with a similar strategy last season.

Junktimer

valkorum

Junktimer

interesting read, what surprised me was even with that midfield, you actually peaked early.

maanco

it looks pretty good although.
i'm not to sure about having two GC players in the backs with their byes so early.
maybe a few to many DPP in your mids and krakor may be a problem but hes easy to change. i like how you didn't go with swallow
Whos this Josh Jenkins kid?
Your forward line is full of premiums which i don't really like, Forwards prices usually fluctuate the most. and you should be able to get them later in the season.
How much cash you got left?

its a team set to no midpricers which i think may go either way for you. i give it a 8.5/10

RiOtChEsS

massive waste having goddard in the mids and u already have heppel in the mid for mpp...
that said its a sweet team JT well done

and chappy too

Junktimer

thanks for the feedback

jenkins is a mature age ruck who is bargain basement price, could play, but not really fussed.

I have $400 left lol

valkorum

Quote from: Junktimer on January 04, 2011, 12:22:45 PM
interesting read, what surprised me was even with that midfield, you actually peaked early.

I found that you needed to trade earlier and more often than if you are using the normal strategy.  That was difficult to deal with because I am used to being miserly with my trade picks.  It was interesting that I peaked early. 

I actually thought about this strategy not long after the 2009 season but then shelved it till late February when the NAB cup was being played.  Seeing all the young rookies playing well made me decide to use the strategy.  I didnt really have much time to think about how to play out the strategy effectively which I think hurt me.

maanco

would you mind rating mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23647.0.html

junk you may want to spend that 400 k on upgrading one of your rookies, maybe Krakouer to montagna

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: maanco on January 04, 2011, 12:45:15 PM
would you mind rating mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23647.0.html

junk you may want to spend that 400 k on upgrading one of your rookies, maybe Krakouer to montagna
$400... not k

Junktimer

maanco

lol, my mistake. money well spent