First Crack at DT, PLZ HELP

Started by mophead222, January 03, 2011, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mophead222

Backs - B.Gibbs, J.Kelly, B.Deledio, J.Adcock, A.Otten, D.Heppell, B.Jacobs - S.Iles, C.Richarson, J.Toy

Mids - D.Swan, B.Goddard, M.Boyd, L.Anthony, D.Swallow, A.Gaff - T.Mzungu, A.Krakouer, S.Atley

Rucks - A.Sandilands, D.Jolly - Z.Smith, T.Mcdonald

Fowards - N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, C.Rioli, S.Sidebottom, D.Petrie, C.Knights - D.Prestia, J.Lamb, J.Darling

This is my first year that i will have a crack at DT after my first year of SC last year.

Being a DT rookie, advice would be much appreciated.

dale93

Extremly good forward line nothing wrong there...exactly same ruck as mine including reserves hehe...very handy midfield as well I think your backline is weakest part I think just drop one of your rookies and then downgrade a premium and then upgrade to a premium defender...just my thoughts but 9 out of 10 almost the same strucher as mine ans same players a tick from me

egosbar

good side id have goddard in backs though and put heppel on bench in mids for duel position with gibbs goddard dids

are you under the cap here on fanplanner if so what score did you get

mophead222

i rekon its better to save a little bit on the backline coz of the cheap options in there this year IMO

mophead222

mophead222

Robert Harvey 35

yeah not much i can really say mophead. real solid team. gone more risk free than me. "gotta risk it to get the biscuit"

sidebottom is interesting? wats your thoughts on his selection. apart from that its a real solid team.

yeah thats a real good effort first up but its only early days.

personally id rather got for a few extra risky mid pricers than go the all out premiums and rookies.

goodluck and happy dreamteaming

zeus123456

Wow this team looks really good!

Backs: Yeah I like the backs, but abit risky having both Jacobs and Heppell, but still good

Mids: Wow I like the mids especially with Goddard in the mids so you can swap him around with Gibbs, Deledio and Heppell.

Rucks: Good ruck no complaints

Forward: Very SOLID forward line absolute perfect!

I give you a rating of 9/10
Heres mine: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23752.0.html

Robert Harvey 35

james kelly isnt gunna be a back. hes gunna be listed as mid only according to the fellas at dt talk

mophead222

thanks guys, i rekon sidebottom will improve again on last yrs avg and he shows great class and poise for a young man, yer i have to look for a replacement for kelly, maybe grimes :)

Robert Harvey 35

yeah grimes is good im on grimes. think he should go alright. how much is sidebottom?

Chopps

dont mind the players as i have very similar

for me change goddard to back and heppel to mid bench if your playing for overall your going to struggle for cover rd 5 as buddy, pav & rioli are all out so is sandi so you cant use petrie as ruck cover it'll have to be smith

rd 4 goddard and boyd will be out and i realise you have mpp

azza_tash

rucks are solid, as is your midfield..
bit concerned about your forward line, i know a lot of people are picking buddy and cyril, but i don't rate either of them in the context of dt.. but if you're happy with them thats cool :)
you should probably get goddard into your backs, and kelly out considering he isn't a defender :-\
and i would also try to fit heppell into your midfield somehow to allow a mpp switch (unless mzungu is named as a mpp)
8/10 atm, a fair room for improvement personally, but you're not too far off :)

Chopps

azza the issue in forward lines is who would you get instead of buddy & cyril?

RiOtChEsS