Ark's team (bye tested)

Started by arksaul, January 03, 2011, 05:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arksaul

Hi all, second year playing DT, went for way too many smokies last year and it cost me. Looking for any feedback you have regarding the strength and structure of this team. Appreciate the assistance.

Regarding the byes, I *think* the only round I might be in trouble with is round 6 with my forward line. Willing to make a trade in round 6 to dodge the zero, as I cant drop Chapman, Franklin or Mzungu.

Backs
Goddard(Mid), Gibbs(Mid), Deledio(Mid), Broughton, Adcock, Otten, Jacobs
(Richardson, Puopolo, Coad)

Mids
Swan, Boyd, Pendlebury, Bartel, D.Swallow, Heppell(Back)
(Calinan(Forward), Blease, C.Beams)

Rucks
Sandilands, Petrie(Forward)
(Charman, Smith)

Forwards
Chapman(Mid), Franklin, Sylvia(Mid), N.Riewoldt, M.Morton(Mid), Darling, Matera
(Mzungu(Mid), Tapscott, Daw(Ruck))

*Updated to show DP

Shaggers

Looks good mate, impressed with the forward line. 9.3/10

Your MID bench is your only soft underbelly

arksaul

I agree re: midfield bench. Calinan has some competition at adelaide (porpy comes to mind) and blease is not a sure thing for a walk up at melbourne. Im very happy with C.Beames at brisie though, will be a gun.

Any thoughts on the midfield strength? too much money spent there?

DT87

I will probably be starting with a 4 premium/5 rookie midfield myself, so I think it is a very good idea, don't worry about spending too much there. More midfield premiums means more consistent scoring in the early rounds, and a quicker path to that 6 gun midfield that everyone should be aiming for before finals time.

Your side is very well balanced and you won't have much trouble in the bye weeks as you have already said, though even with your MPP options I would be a little concerned about having to cover for both Swan and Pendlebury in the midfield. Starting two basement priced rookie forwards is a bad idea though.

9/10