Low: 19 (Round 12)
Standard Deviation: 22.87
Centuries: 1 out of 18
Starting Price: $490,500
High Price: $490,500 (round 1)
Low Price: $281,100 (round 18 )

Summary:

Terrible player. Crap. Can't play.

... except he is Captain of an AFL side.

... except he is an All-Australian defender.

... except he Captained his side to a Premiership.

I am tired of all the constant crap that Nick Maxwell gets from armchair fans. Every football expert knows that Maxwell is a star player, and crucially important to Collingwood. Premiership Captain Nick Maxwell had a good year in 2010, very consistent, and missed 4 matches through injury.

However, fantasy wise, Nick Maxwell had a disappointing 2010. After averaging 92.3 in 2009, Maxwell's average dipped to 71.7 (his lowest since 2007) and lost a lot of value.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $380,900

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $362,700

Position: DEF

Everytime you hear Maxwell, you can tell he is hungry and professional. He will lead the Magpies well yet again, and always put his body on the line. The position he plays for Collingwood does not allow for high fantasy scores all the time however, and may continue to average similar to that of 2010.

Decision:

He could be undervalued a little bit. I'll give him a touch and go, but I think I'd prefer Heath Shaw as a pie in the back-line if any.

BigBang2011

star player? I think that's a bit much but he is great ;) Won't pick though.

Junktimer

Terrible player. Crap. Can't play.

Yep.  Very surprised he averaged 92 in 09.  No way for me.

ronl

Do I detect  a wee bit of emotion there, Os?  Maxwell, is indeed a great player, at times I wish he was captain of Essendon.

ossie85

Quote from: ronl on January 03, 2011, 07:21:54 PM
Do I detect  a wee bit of emotion there, Os?  Maxwell, is indeed a great player, at times I wish he was captain of Essendon.

I actually like Watson as a Captain. And yes, I do get a bit emotional lol, thought it would change after an All-Aus and Premiership Captain. But no....

bomberboy0618

NO
i dont want him, better options out there.

Knowall

would not even consider he doesnt score highly and doesnt look like the sort of player that could greatly improve his scores

Fletch74

Unlikely, as his role doesn't allow him to score those big scores needed. Ok price though.

BoredSaint

j959

he's Pies cap'n for a reason - natural leader and the boys listen to him (as far as I can see when they're on the field).

harsh to say "cr*p player" though i'd agree his fantasy value is questionable ... no from me but he's a champion player ...

RiOtChEsS

wow cant believe ppl say that ??? i dont know any team that wouldnt want him in their back 6... all ur write ups r great too Oss rich in nutrients :P

ossie85

Ah, Marcz, you're one of the good ones :)

McRooster

Quote from: Marcz on January 06, 2011, 02:12:48 PM
wow cant believe ppl say that ??? i dont know any team that wouldnt want him in their back 6... all ur write ups r great too Oss rich in nutrients :P
So is All Bran and like Maxwell they both give me the .....

Champion leader however, his speech after the first GF was straight from the gut and that is how he plays.
Awkwardly priced for value of return, I'm staying away.

dylsta05

Alex7089

Well. He is at an awkward price and for the life of me can't see him improving.

Certainly not!