after a lot of study please rate this out of ten i think a 10

Started by egosbar, January 03, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egosbar

hi all please rate this team

not really worried too much about the rookie bench players as pre season form will probably mean they will be changed for other rookies the same price

backs
goddard gibbs deledio duffield broughton otten jacobs
reserves richardson talia toy

mids
swan montagna sidebottom rich tambling shuey
reserves heppell blease libba

rucks
leuenberger and macintosh
reserves  macdonald and daw

forwards
reiewoldt franklin rioli grant knights petterd petrie
reserves   nathan ablett mzungu matera

i have 12k left not much but needed to spend it

the one thing im looking at is possibly moving goddard into the center and dropping tambling this would give me 256k in the back then i could put adcock down back , just got a feeling tambling might do well at a new club this year he definitely has got to prove the critics wrong and nothing like a new club and new challenges

Shaggers

100 % ditch Daniel Rich.
I played dumb DTing last year, but he was my dumbest. He improved heaps towards the end of the season but I just think you can do better.

Tambling is worth the punt only if you're prepared to stick with him for a while.

All up 8/10 for mine.

elephants

macintosh will be back to job sharing with petrie.... and drop dan rich

well done for having the balls to go with tambling mate :)

Chopps

H Mac has been a starter a few years running from me, but not this year with petrie goldy and hmac all in the same team

dale93

One of the vest teams I have seen on this site only thing I reakon I would change is darling from wc on the reserves for metera or somebody....and I reakon start tambling new club new future....

egosbar

i agree with macintosh didnt consider the amount of time or work he may get this year so ive swapped him with jolly

and have got rid of nathan ablett in favor of darling

new side now is

backs
goddard gibbs deledio duffield broughton otten jacobs
reserves richardson talia toy

mids
swan montagna sidebottom rich tambling shuey
reserves heppell blease libba

rucks
leuenberger and JOLLY
reserves  macdonald and daw

forwards
reiewoldt franklin rioli grant knights petterd petrie
reserves   nathan DARLING mzungu matera

im going to hang on to rich i think a third year player with a strong body and averaging 75 odd for the first few years is likely to improve , i like him and cant see any reason why he cant improve , he will most likely play every round as he is built like a bull so he stays in at this stage

i think its worth more then a 8 , personally i think its the best ive seen here and would rate it at 9.5 - 10 going on other ratings on other teams

maanco

its a good team but i could only give it an 8.

the problems that i can see are duffield, broughton there byes will stuff you around if your going for the car but otherwise they are good

Rich will probably get tagged more than ever.(but black and power could take that)
Tambling he will take time to get use to the crows gameplan (last year Jolly and somewhat Ball took 10 games to understand collingwoods game plan)

i like Grant in your foward line could be a great unquie (although Hall will take some points off of him every now and then but the dogs will try to develop grant, so who knows)

shuey could also be abit expensive (roughly $250k)

im not sure if libba will get many games

valkorum

maanco

monty's predictions, but from last years magic number with a 25% discount he is around $250k.

no offence monty

dale93

DT87

I don't like to be too consistent with team ratings, but this definitely looks like an 8/10 team to me. One point off for having non-MPP players from the same team in both backs and forwards (especially since all four have a bye in Round 6, you'll definitely get a pretty poor score that round), and one point off for picking three risky midpricers and no starting rookies in the midfield.

Jez Do It

I reckon it loses a point or 2 for no obvious DPP's.  I think this year we'll need to make good use of these to cover byes etc.  Having Goddard, Gibbs and Delidio all as backs gives you no way of utilising them as mids.  I reckon swing one of them into the mids and you'll get better coverage and value from them.

zeddyzed

Too many midpriced players for my liking. Sidebottom and Rich in the midfield is something different, but both have big price tags for 2nd and third year players. Tambling and Shuey i like, but again risky.

Your backs are pretty standard, similar to every other team on FF.

Not sold on Rucks, and Rioli in the forward line will let you down like he does every year.

Good to see a different team

8/10

Holz

A very different setup than my team, i only look at go for ranking so this is how i base my ratings. This team seems to be for someone who wants a league win.

forwards: are very good no problem with this.
rucks: very weak.
backs: everything but the 2 freo players is good.
mids: for me this is the biggest are of concern. I dont like sidebottom i personally dont think he will increase his average this year, and also that makes 2 magpies. Really dont like the rich call, will get a big tag and i dont see him as a dt player. Tambling is very risky and i think there are beter players than shuey.
where is swallow or even Gaff im pretty sure swallow and gaff should easily outscore tambling and shuey at a much lower cost.

zeddyzed